Bushing Set up Help

I have dickyho’s Paris clones, and the stock pivot cups and bushing aren’t great so looking to replace the pivot cups, I’ve already replaced the bushing with 90A Barrel/Street Barrel Krank bushings. The outer diameter is 18.15mm, inner diameter 12.3mm, and height 15.2mm. Are there any pivot cups that will work for me? I’ve looked at ones for different trucks but they all seem slightly off. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

@chrischo1996 slightly off is right, the OD for your stock pivots does not match anything we make currently, sorry.

Is there anything that you could recommend that would be “close enough?” I won’t hold it against you if it’s not a perfect fit :wink:

Hi!

I’m 190 pounds, and the evolve trucks with their black bushing, however, I feel they’re way too lose for my taste.

Can you link me 2/3 options to buy so thate I can test them on my setup? I’ve always been stoked with your products, so it’s time for a change :smiley:

Thanks sir!

1 Like

Close does not work with pivots I am afraid, do you have a lathe? I could make you a custom pair but it would not be cheap and you would need to send me a complete truck

Ah I see, thank you for the insight. I’ll make do for now.

1 Like

Thanks! I put everything together and it looks alright with the harder bushings towards the deck and the softer towards the road. I also do have flat washers for a little bit more movement. image

8 Likes

god that’s hot

2 Likes

What hanger and baseplate is that?

1 Like

Yes, tell us more about those beautiful trucks!

That’s a custom truck designed in Aus, and made in China. It has a 234 mm wide hanger (19x19 mm profile) and adjustable baseplate. The axle stubs (not shown) are from the Ronin Katana truck, bushings are from Riptide, KP from Aera.

4 Likes

I got the SR RKP special that came out like 2 months ago. I like carving but also good stability when going fast. What bushing is recommended you think ?

1 Like

Going to sell them locally for those of us in Australia?? Looks tidy

1 Like

Hi, I need some help on my bushings! I’m running stock Caliber 2 bushing and looking to upgrade.

Caliber 2 truck The trucks feel all right, I would like some more turning ability. It’s stable at speeds Andy I would not like to sacrifice that. I don’t get what you mean with more or less rebound.

Would like to use it for aggressive riding

I’m using an osprey deck, not very important but no wheel bite at all.

I weigh about 76 kg with equipment

1 Like

Most likely not, however, I will work on a different, way simpler, truck which could be mass replicated more cost effectively.

1 Like

Hey @DAddYE sorry for the late reply, I was distracted by something shiny!

For Evolve compound trucks:

For simplicity, I will refer to the bushing positions from roadside to boardside so for the front, F1 is the bushing closest to the road in the front and F4 is the bushing closest to the deck in the front, rear will be the same just designated R1-R4. Also, the position 1-2 are the primary turning pair and position 3-4 are the secondary turning pair.

Front truck

F1: KranK 90a ShortStreetCone (.4" tall)

F2: KranK 90a Barrel (.6" tall)

F3: KranK 93a or 96a ShortStreetBarrel (.4" tall)

F4: KranK 93a or 96a Barrel (.6" tall)

Rear Truck

R1: KranK 93a or 96a ShortStreetCone (.4" tall)

R2: KranK 93a or 96a Barrel (.6" tall)

R3: KranK 93a or 96a ShortStreetBarrel (.4" tall)

R4: KranK 93a or 96a Barrel (.6" tall)

For reference we defaulted to the harder choice of the options above, I weigh just about 200 lbs and this worked well for me as well as my son that weighs 140 lbs. We found the key to settling down your trucks is to keep the pair of bushings closest to the deck (F3-4 and R3-4) stiffer than the bushings closer to the road (F1-2 and R1-2). The primary pair should initiate the turn, then the secondary pair should come into play when needed or wanted. I hope this is not too confusing as there is a lot going on with these trucks. The way we have it setup currently, you can run full speed all day and still have a lot of turn when needed, so agility and stability. Also, our Evolve Pivot cups fit the trucks perfectly.

1 Like

@MannyM0E, what base plate angles are you running and what is in the SZ’s currently and what issues are you having? What is the entire setup, pictures always help

@Superflim, deck and full setup are always helpful and appreciated. Did you get Caliber II 44’s or 50 degree trucks and were the stock bushings a Cone / Barrel or Barrel / Barrel combination

1 Like

What did it cost you roughly?

$800 AUD including shipping with Fedex

1 Like