Bushing Set up Help

@Alphamail. I usually ride split angles at 57 in the fron and 35 in the rear on both my Calibers 2s and 218’s. I weigh 215 with gear… would a your magnum/canon recommendation work on this as well? What do the different combinations offer?

Caliber II I suggest Canon / Canon front and Canon / Chubby rear, TB218’s, go with Canon / Canon front and Canon / Magnum rear in KranK 93 or 96a or if you want APS, go with APS 92.5 or 95a.

1 Like

@Alphamail hey Brad I got some randal trucks on a board not electric but it has that surf adapter attachment on it what type of bushings are stock on the randals? I looked on the randals website looks like tall fat cones on roadside and short fat cones on boardside.

Stock is kind of a barrical design around 90a I think .6" tall, top and bottom

So what would you suggest for an upgrade I have a set of of 87a hfp venom cones and a set of 96a krank barrels that are just laying around as a bushing option. The board already has some deep carves because of the surf adapter but would that big leap in duro have a weird effect on performance?

Only way to know is th try them. Pictures of the setup?

@Alphamail I finally need some advice for my newest build. I weight about 150-160lbs soaking wet. I’ve got TB 218’s. I always go fast and like stability at 30mph+. I don’t carve too much but driving in the city I’m always having to take turns around street corners. So what do you think? If you need anymore info just let me know. Thanks!

Pics of my setup if you need it.

IMG_20190221_150542 IMG_20190221_151311

3 Likes

Ill have to get it to you want I get home as I’m at work right now. I will say the surf adapter is fun but makes the board super tall

1 Like

Ok @Alphamail… Decided to do the chobby mod on the surf rodz rkp hanger. what duro chobby would you recommend me try to begin with? Right now I have 90 (green) krank barrel in thread and 87 (white) barrel in the front. I want to be able to use the bushings full potential in a lean, with out the physical barrier from the hanger seat. I want more lean and I want to be supported good in the end range of the lean.

2 Likes

The Chubby is designed to increase stability and in effect reduce lean. If you want lean in SZ trucks, do the mod and use Cones, Barrels, or FatCones. If you want to try the Chubby for a high lean application, you will need to go down in durometer, about 5 or more points than the Barrel you are using

2 Likes

Have you tried wfb bushings? They give lots of lean compared to other compounds.

No not yet. The thing with the Surf Rodz hanger is that seat are in a way that block lean. So even If the bushing have more in it the physical barrier stops the lean. I need to get rid of that barrier to see what the bushing really can.

1 Like

I have surf rodz rkp trucks so I am aware of the restrictive bushing seat. I can get A LOT more lean out of 95.5 wfb bushings than the stock hard bushings. Even if it is not the final solution to your problem, I believe it is worth the try.

2 Likes

Good afternoon, this is an odd request and off topic but I am looking for someone that lives in Saint Louis, Missouri. I am trying to buy an old lathe that is complete but I only need part of it sent to me, the other parts can be recycled. The full assembly weighs around 400 pounds but what i need is closer to 100 or less. Any handy people out there? The lathe is located in the 63138 zip code

@Alphamail talk to @b264 he is in St. Louis however I don’t think a 400 pound lathe would fit on an eboard but he might be able to help somehow.

3 Likes

Thanks, looks like the lathe just sold! I was going to contact @b264 but it seemed too random and invasive!

1 Like

Sorry bout that. If you find the part in the Monmouth/ Ocean County part of NJ let me know and I’ll go take care of it. I take stuff apart and repair stuff for a living so I have plenty of practice lol.

1 Like

You should have contacted me. I’m in Saint Louis, my dad and mom are machinists, and we have a trailer. And lathes. And I could always use bushings :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Hi, I got myself Riptide Krank 87a and 90a barrel bushings (0.6" tall). Compared to the purple Orangatang Nipples (87a) which I have on my Caliber truck the Riptide equivalent feels super stiff. My truck has a 230 mm wide hanger and just from the feels how the hanger behaves it is not going to be a great carving machine. I’d like to know if using the APS barrels with 85a and 80a duro will improve this significantly. My weight is 65 kgs.

Cheers

1 Like

@anon42702729 there are several things you can do if the current setup feel too stiff, try the 87a boardside and if you are using cupped washers, switch to flats to give the bushing more room to move.