Bushing Set up Help

@kmitas, I have one of these in house so I will publish my finding soon. My initial impression is the factory has tightened the bushings far beyond where they should so relieve the king pin nuts to the point where the washers are loose then tighten to take out all the rattle as your starting point for adjustment. This will loosen up the setup a lot. The theory on compound truck tuning is to progressively have stiffer bushing pairs with the loosest roadside front and the tightest boardside rear. I will have a full evaluation soon.

The previous data is still up to date!! Thank you so much for your help. I have added a 7 degree wedge in the rear and the board feels a lot more stable. The turning radius is awful however especially for the boards length. Thanks again.

OK, so this is where we are at currently: “I have a meepo short board that is unstable at speed 25mph. The turning radius is also very wide. I ordered a couple 7 degree wedges, I was planing on just putting it on the rear. The thicker part should be facing the back of the board? I weight 150lbs.”

1 Like

Thank you for all the feedback. I never knew this could be so complicated.

I see you sell on Amazon. Which pivot cup on amazon fits with evolve? Is it this one?

Riptide Independent Pivot Cups - WFB 96a

1 Like

You are welcome, the our Indy Pivot cups will fit the Evolve, remember you will need 2 pair.

I ordered two pair. Thank you.

Also, I lather my bushings and cups up with lithium grease. I see your cups have lubricant already but do you recommend I still use the grease?

I do not recommend ever using grease

Really. I read sometime back it helps if the board makes a clicking sound. Maybe that was just meant for using with AT tires.

That sounds correct. The wedge has helped with stability but the stock Chinese truck bushings are no good I think. The board feels good but has a large turning radius. It feels a lot less sketch at speed. Thanks again.

1 Like

I put soap shaving in my pivot joints. Don’t need it for riptides though

1 Like

Hello im using the tb 218mm trucks stock, my board is extremely unstable above 20mph and ive tightened the trucks up quite a bit, turning radius has suffered because of this, i am wanting stable at higher speeds with good rebound. i am using this for commuting and am using a rayne downhill deck, i get no wheel bite and i weigh around 190lbs

1 Like

Hey @flanagan805 First try creating a differential bushing set up front and back. Loosen the king pin till you can just rotate the top washer front and back then tighten the front 1/2 turn in the front and 1 to 1.5 turns in the rear and try riding again keeping your legs loose and knees bent.

1 Like

I’m riding a rayne Demonseed 42” with Tb trucks dual 6374 motors had my board over 30mph… I’m swapped out the standard bushes with orangutan nipples yellow on the rear and on front I have the nipples on board side and a riptide green fat cone street side … rides really nice with them super stable and still turns alright… I’m 264lbs though… you may need similar but not so heavy duty…

that makes them pretty loose, the reason they were tightened more was because that lose i get some crazy speed wobbles. im by no means an expert at riding but i have also been riding for over 13 years on a regular longboard, just haven’t gotten to 30mph for esk8, so just keeping my legs loose and knees bent doesnt work

yeah i was looking at the yellow orangatang nipples maybe put those in the rear and then the medium in the front

A Canon / Magnum combination will net better results. Have you read any of this thread?

Have you ever ridden a split setup in your 13 years of riding a longboard?

I have not, kinda why I posted in this thread, I figured some recommendations on some setups for my weight and board would be a good start so I could try them out since I don’t have experience in this subject. been reading up on split setups as of late just Soo many options I was needing a point in the right direction

1 Like

OK, great, I suggest picking up two pair of Canons and one pair of Magnums so you will have the ability to try several different setups. These bushings will also work if you decide to create an actual split setup so you are covered. For your weight, I suggest KranK 93a

Here are the links:

http://www.riptidesports.com/canon-choices/

http://www.riptidesports.com/magnum-choices/