Bushing Set up Help

I think they will be the TKP’s if coming from @Psychotiller since the hangers are hex shaped

https://www.surf-rodz.com/products/truck-parts/tkp-adjustable-base

Check these out.

2 Likes

This is what I see: ha59

refresh maybe?

2 Likes

You have to select the green or red version.

:), I did…how refreshing Dave! I have seen them before, bummer they do not provide any specifications!

1 Like

im loving the kranks with the tkps. fatcone boardside tallbarrel streetside

2 Likes

i love mine! spendy though. D:

and the bolt that comes with them absolutely needs a washer to keep the head from sinking into the top of the barrel.

Have you tried Rebooting? Just hold down the power button and say Psychotiller three times. (But don’t touch yourself!)

-This time haha

3 Likes

i thought you needed a mirror, candle and the blood of a virgin as well, no?

3 Likes

I think we are drifting from the subject “Bushing Set up Help” a bit, @psychotiller can you tell us what @TheAwkwardLlama is getting from you?

1 Like

Not sure yet. I believe she will be well set with just a standard set of 177mm TKP’s, some quick 66 mounts and some kranks

2 Likes

Correct! Thats the plan.

1 Like

@TheAwkwardLlama So you will be running SZ TKP’s at the stock angle front and back?

@Alphamail Yes Sir.

1 Like

Oops, @TheAwkwardLlama, I will get to this today, sorry for the delay!

1 Like

Lol its not a problem at all @Alphamail

1 Like

OK @TheAwkwardLlama, once again sorry about the delay, I had a lot of production and projects to contend with this last week. When you get down to it, I cannot make make an informed recommendation without your input on how the build feels. Once the build is complete, ride it with the stock bushing to determine if and what the issues are. It may be just right for you and I will have nothing to offer, in other words, if it is not broken, i can’t fix it. So once the build is complete, let me know what you find

Thanks @Alphamail in advance. I’m trying to get optimal setup for more stability at high speed. was getting some wobble doing maybe 25-30 mph downhill and afraid to push the throttle. gonna need to upgrade bushing.

1. 195mm Paris 50 degree front. In the back it is the same baseplate but with hummie’s custom hanger. 15414065629443838088502596389550 15414066004153015345875550731838
  2. Using paris cone/barrel front with the small cup washer on the cone, stock barrel/barrel back with big cup washer on outside barrel
  3. Honestly It feels great for carving but I need more stability at speed. I was experiencing some speed wobble going 25+mph, would like to go 35 without any wobble.
  4. stable at 35mph but still able to carve on the street. idk if thats possible.
  5. Im using hummie hub which has the same width contact pad as a centrax. trucks mounted drop through on hummie wood carbon deck. currently if I the wheels rubs but not bite when i put my whole weight on one side.
  6. 150lb

did a little bit of research. I think I should get the 93a pivot cup on both, cone/magnum front, canon/magnum back. Will probably go for the Krank but not sure which duro to choose and what rake config on both hanger. I know i probably should go for a synthetic split

1 Like

Thought this was a fun thread so I’ll throw in my setup. I currently like my setup pretty well but my best description is I want a stable back to help with speed wobbles because I definitely go 35 or 40 at times, but want to be able to turn and carve from the front a bit still.

218mm Torqueboards trucks on a fixed motor mount with dual 6374’s. 1/4 inch riser on the trucks for the motor mount to avoid motor bite on the deck. Bustin Maestro thermoglass 2017 deck.

Venom barrel bushings 93a and 90 on the back, 90 and 87a on the front for that extra bit of turn/carve.

I weigh about 135.

1 Like