Bushing Set up Help

It’s easy to get bogged down in choices, all I can tell you definitely is that SR trucks do not leave me disappointed where Caliber II and Paris V2 trucks leave me wanting more. Obviously SR trucks are more expensive than those but they are the most inexpensive precision truck available.

Ronin’s fall into a different class as they are constructed using a different geometry and bushing setup. TB 218’s are every but as good as Caliber II trucks, assuming you swap out bushings as I’d do on C2’s as well.

1 Like

Guess I’ll need a new set of recommended bushings of SRs. :rofl: @alphamail or would the double canon bushings work fine on them? Damn gonna need to grt pivot cups too sigh hope the SR baseplate compatibility for @kug3lis gear drive pushes through. Then that’ll seal the deal for me

1 Like

I am always open to learn new things and @mmaner would you mind expanding on your three bushing setups in SZ trucks including the truck model, RipTide Bushing compound, shape and durometer, plus the base plate angles front and back?

2 Likes

Sure, it’s been a long day so I can’t remember all 3 buy I’ll post the 2 that aren’t with me in the next couple of days.

On my latest build I’m running 90mm popocas on SR TKP’s with the following bushing combo…

Front Road side = APS 97.5a Front Board side = Krank 96a Rear Road side = Krank 96a Rear Board side = APS 95a Cupped washers board and road side on front and back

I’m almost 200lbs so I need a former bushing. I’m experimenting with the 95a roadside in the rear, not sure I’m happy with it. The idea was softer should eat up some vibration as I’m running 4mm risers. I’m thinking I’ll go with an APS 97.5a instead but I’d love your advice.

1 Like

@Alphamail. i got 2 pairs 87a barrel i will try tomorrow and make adjustments. then report back. thanks again.

also, would the chubby fit the TB218 boardside?. i was thinking barrel\chubby setup for a super stable ride.

1 Like

@Dazeto The Chubby is not a perfect fit due to the casting around the axle that cuts out a bit of clearance for the Chubby. The Magnum seems to be a better choice if you want a bigger bushing in there.

1 Like

I find it interesting that you may have found a method to defeat or better control the divey nature of the SZ TKP up front with the harder 97.5. Are you using all Barrels?

1 Like

I am using all barrels. Typically I don’t use cones other than short push decks, even a push longboard usually gets double barrels with me. I guess I’d rather run the trucks loos and have harder bushings than run the trucks tight with soft bushings. I really don’t have a reason other than it fells more natural and the return response is better.

2 Likes

Experimentation is the key to a great personal setup, keep up the great work!

1 Like

Ill post whats on the other 2 when I get a free min. The odd part about my other TKP’s is Im using a tall barrel road side rear. The Evo was strange in that the return with a standard barrel was kind of limp, with the tall barrel its very responsive.

1 Like

Thanks @Alphamail

2 Likes

Hey, I also have a question :slight_smile: for more stability, should I run soft and very responsive setup in the front, and harder, slow responsive one in the back, or the opposite way around?

1 Like

That is a good start conceptually but I will need details to to confirm what you are thinking will give that response

1. Torqueboards 218mm with stock baseplates. Will be adding a Randal 35degree in the rear eventually

2. Medium Bones Cones in the front, Hard Bones Cones in the back

3. Currently I feel too unstable after 30kmhr. I want to have it stable to 50kmhr+ whilst still being able to turn a corner on a footpath

4. Mostly commuting, but high speed

5. Currently using this deck https://www.gunslingerlongboards.com.au/collections/decks-only/products/the-undertaker-deck-only but will be changing to a drop through from Landyachtz eventually. No wheelbite on the current 83mm but not sure if I wanna move up to 97mm Flywheels or some pneumatics

6. ~75kg but working on lowering that slowly :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@kalebludlow you are using Bones TKP bushings in the TB218?

Yeah I am. I am new to skating so I’m still trying to figure things out. I went to my local skate shop and that’s what they had. I now know that RipTide has the good shit

2 Likes

lol i went to my local skate shop as well and all they had was cones, im using riptide krank now and bruh they have the good 5h!7 haha

1 Like

Hey @Alphamail I am currently building an mtb using the MBS ATS trucks on the Atom 90 deck. I’m looking for a medium setup that’s good for turning and stable up to at least 25mph. I weigh just under 160lbs. What would you recommend?

2 Likes

I’ve got a set if these too, so I’m interested as well.

2 Likes

I’d like to say I have a set but I don’t :persevere: Want to ask if you guys are using this for an ATB build? @anorak234

Looking for good trucks when I’m expecting abit more dirt and offroad which i feel caliber style aren’t ideal for(could be wrong) and want to know if there’s a different bushing setup for that application

1 Like