Bushing Set up Help

All guesses here, but I wanna test myself against what Alpha posts…

95a cups to help carry the extra load of eskating power plants hanging off the hanger.

Reboundy Lively Feel: APS Fat Cone BS 90a / APS Cannon 90a RS or Squishy Stable Feel: WFB Fat Cone BS / Krankz Cannon RS (85a-93a)

Crap I just realized I need to pick up some Cannons myself for my TB218’s…

3 Likes

thanks! You gave me more ideas :slight_smile:

Do you know which duro TB218 uses?

2 Likes

I don’t sorry, but the stock is not comparable to riptide duros.

3 Likes

@Alphamail

Picked up some

• WFB 96A Pivots
  • WFB 88 Fatcones Boardside
  • WFB 88 Barrel Rear Roadside
  • WFB 83 Barrel Front Roadside

They really are a “you control the bushing” not bushing controls you.

Anyway. I normally pack my kingpin stack with shaved wax, but the WFB formula seems to release this white stuff on it’s own…I imagine this is the “self lubricant”

Do you have an life expectancy on when the white stuff stops coming out? Do these dry out quicker?

2 Likes

I will try to respond to the above questions later today, working on a bunch of project and I want to give thoughtful answers

3 Likes

Bump to know when my bushings turn into a middle age man that’s been snipped.(I kid) But generally curious about life expectancy of WFB.

@Quiles, My personal preference is the WFB 96a pivots for everything I do. As for bushing compound and durometer, I feel KranK offers the most benefits in that it is the most adjustable to work with. WFB bushings offer very little adjustment with the kingpin compression so if you miss the right duro, you are stuck. With KranK, you can run them loose for a extremely nimble setup or tighter for a higher performance setup. Cone / Canon for you I would go KranK 87a or APS 87.5a

1 Like

@Quiles TB218’s come with 90a cones / barrels

1 Like

@squishy654 you are right in the sense that durometer is a very poor measure of how a bushing feels and performs. Modulus and rebound are far better measurements for feel but no one is familiar with using them. We use those parameters internally but not publically.

@Deckoz, theoretically 5 years for the migration of the WFB is practical but it’s life can be affected by heat and moisture.

1 Like

Thanks dood. I’m loving my WFB setup so far. Makes my board feel like my b****.

1 Like

@Alphamail I had asked about the Bear grizzlies but I was wondering what barrel duro you would suggest I’m about 175. And was thinking 90a KranK. Are there any pivot cups for grizzlies.

1 Like

Hey @briman05, what are your base plate angles and do you know how old the grizzlies are? Bear Grizzlies are tricky because several years ago they had two factories making them and they used two different diameters cups. One around .750" diameter and one at .700". Ever since it has caused countless problems since some people have one of each on their board.

1 Like

They are the 852. They are from 2016 maybe 2015

1 Like

OK, they are listed on our website http://www.riptidesports.com/wfb-96a-pivot-cup-choices/

KranK 90’s should work fine for you. The 852’s are a very turny truck so I would go with Barrels for a linear response or larger combinations like a Barrel / Fatcone if you want a more progressive ramp up in resistance. Are the trucks wedged or dewedged?

1 Like

No I am only using flat shock pads. Since Muirskate is going out of business I had looked on there first for the pivot cup the they only had them for pair, caliber 1st gen and rouges. You think I could get away with 90a and 87a and which do you think would be best boardside

1 Like

Canons or Barrels work great in the TB218’s with the Canons a slightly larger diameter so a better fit in the trucks. 87a / 90a will work too just a bit looser. I would experiment with running them in both positions to see what you like best and also experiment with different washer combinations (flat, cupped, precision).

2 Likes

Would chubbies work in the Bears since they are a turny truck I want to make them a bit more stable with speed

1 Like

Definitely, Chubbys will make them more stable

1 Like

I was think of getting some a set of chubbies and a set of barrels in 90a Krank

1 Like