BullyDeck_37 Inch Drop Down deck Integrated Enclosure...Designing and Gauging interest for GB 😉

well now I have to wait the end of Chinese New Year, then prototype and if it works I am happy already. At that point we will see if people want it, otherwise I made my integrated deck and I am super happy like that :wink: It’s gonna be a small GB anyway.

1 Like

That looks way better. It actually covers one of the modification I made. Because is better to have a spacer to prevent from over-tight the ends. Question, does the space already leave a bit of gap for the actual compression? Other modifications that can help:

• square the ends, and fillet the one facing the deck, so it can bend but more surface for keep compression

• Make a small cleft to host a zip tie. I know simple but can help as stress relief without increase the size

mini_nese_71mm_BullyDeck%20v4

For the mounting I think I am going to do as usual. I run a wide really really strong velcro at the bottom (you can stick tings to it and works as damper too) and I put underneath smaller velcro belt that grab every 4p packs.!

Updates: @mishrasubhransu here the modifications that I suggested. Unfortunately I can not see the assembly history so I had to remove the fillet manually. I hope I didn’t compromise the work. If you can make the same modification or share a file without fill and chamfer would be great. Thank you!

mini_nese_71mm_BullyDeck%20v4modifed

mini_nese_71mm_BullyDeck%20v4modified2

yeh noticed now that I forgot the same small pocket on top. Well is just to understand what I meant.

1 Like

So this cut works with the pneumatics. See if you can make it work,. agressive_lean agressive_lean2 agressive_lean3 deck

5 Likes

that sounds good.

I’ll update and let you know.

1 Like

Perfect I will try to find a compromise

ok as thought current version suffer of wheel bite with AT set up. Still have to see with PU wheels. I should check switchblade build what to they use and if they run into problems with it.

I should add almost 50 mm (47 and something) to allow sharp turn. That would require to add at least 3cm in length on each side and cut the shape, but by doing that I should decrease the enclosure capacity.

riser riser2

It’s easy to see that your board it’s way longer.

Solution could be: 1- Add plate, same principle of the g-bomb brackets.

BullyDeck_plate BullyDeck_plate1

2- Maybe an angle raiser if you find a truck that gives you the right angle at the end. 3- I make 2 versions, one short 36 inch and another one with longer front/rear truck mounting that would reach 38-40 inch. At the end for the company would be the same mold just cut it differently in front and back.

6 Likes

I like the last option. The nose would be a bit longer in the main mould and they would just cut it differently in the very final stage.

GBomb would just take away from the look. And angled riser wouldn’t help because the wheel diameter is much bigger and there is a drop.

1 Like

Yeh I also think it’s the better the wood sheet would be logger anyway. I will make a CAD with the extra lenght need it and it should do the trick. In the short board they are rather short so possible that from 36 inch I bring it to 36,5 his tto be sure with PU as well :wink:

Just remember that @nuttyjeff recently made build with a switchblade clone, so same wheel bit of this one, using AT wheels https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/the-challenger-build-thread/81021?u=Rey8801. He solved using a bracket too to push forward the mounting holes. It still looks really good. I am saying that just in case you or other prefer to keep the short version instead.

@rey8801 I like what you’re doing with this design! But IMO, if you keep your design laser focused on exactly what you want, you’ll make something awesome for people who want what you want.

If try to accommodate every possibility, you’ll dilute your vision, and come out with something that’s “pretty decent” for a lot of people, but not great.

I think, at least for round one, it’s great to roll the ideas around in your head and in CAD, but you in the end, you should make the perfect deck for you – I think a compact chunky urethane doubledrop? :slight_smile: This is what would inspire and excite people.

Round 2 can accommodate pneumies and nondrop and whatever else others want.

Just IMO. No offense to everyone else in the thread I hope! Personally I was thinking this is a good combo for the AVIO AT gear drive, with motors inside mounted. :wink: We have had a few integrated boards, but most are top mount with no wheel cutaways, so work better with smaller urethane wheels.

2 Likes

No offense at all… If you read the whole thread is what actually I am aiming to do. If yoi see I set the design as I like it. Choose the deck ecc… Then since make it its really expensive i thought hy not give it back to the community. I knew it it will be a deck for few. What I am open to change are small details to accommodate the other wishes. That why I said that it will stay a max 36 inch board, but since the mould would be the same why not cut the front and the back a bit longer for who want more gap. If at the end I will be the only one to have it, well I am happy as well. I made a personal deck, which is awasome. Thst to resume me intention with it in case I didn’t claim it clearly at the beginning. It’s a passion, that’s it. I don’t take it as a job. That’s for others. Yes the combo you suggest would be awesome, but as I said I will pair it with the DD I am making. All DIY stuffs for me. At least where I am capable :smile:

2 Likes

You are going to make your own DD? :open_mouth:. Already started?

One is actual done :wink: That from the MAD hubs. It will go on a Spud build I already have IMG_20190202_170721

The next big brother DD would be for the bullyDeck build.

8 Likes

I have a switchblade 36 and all manner of trucks and wheels. (six-shooters and bergemiesters)

3 Likes

How do you deal with the wheel bite with 6" wheels?

Nice. I wasn’t worried for PU set up but for big AT wheels

I don’t run this deck with these. It’s just an option to mock it up.

Ok, thank you all for answering the polls. After the Chinese holidays I am going to propose these two options and see which it is more feasible in terms of rigidity/time/production cost. For the single groove, I need to ask first. Not sure is possible without increase the deck thickness.

Overall measures:

36inch length 9.6 wide pockets 530 x 82.5 x 24 mm (25mm in the drop through version)

Option 1: Drop down

BullyDeckNewStyle BullyDeckNewStyle_1 BullyDeckNewStyle_2

Option 2: Drop Through/Down

I had to keep it open at the ends because I was afraid to get wheel bite if I go closer to the deck. Once they make it, it would be possible to test it and see if it is necessary or not. Just in case I increased of 1mm the thickness of the board. So in this version the pockets are 25mm deep, instead of 24mm.

BullyDeckNewStyle_DropThrough BullyDeckNewStyle_DropThrough_3 BullyDeckNewStyle_DropThrough_2

I will keep you post it :wink:

7 Likes

Ok, agreed on the prototype. I should get it in 20-30 days. Exciting! :laughing: Of course I went for the carbon fiber top layer. Specifically drop down for the moment. We will discuss drop through later that it’s easy anyway. I wanted as strong as possible so added carbon fiber and fiber glass. Should be like this at the end I think it’s sick!

cb7525409639c89744d3dec34b5df40f516c5838_2_1332x1000

15 Likes

Great great great looking e-deck !!!

Can’t wait to see the proto :star_struck: and ho !.. around Day -15 :sparkles: ! Hahaaa

I have made a enclosed deck years ago and Im planning a new one one day ^^ Its dropthrougt too ! Haha like for hubs I see we are connected :smiley:

I’m watching !!

:v:

13 Likes