BullyDeck_37 Inch Drop Down deck Integrated Enclosure...Designing and Gauging interest for GB 😉

I like this idea. I think that 21700 cells will fit. :thinking:

1 Like

Yes it will. The milled part is 24mm deep :wink:

2 Likes

OK guys I spent the last two evening in flushing the deck and make it better. I have to say that now I really like a lot. Here the updated pics.

I made some simulations with free spot welded 18650 and NESE module (2S4P). AS you can see with the current 2 grooves design you can fit 12s4p and 2 vescs or a dual vesc. Although the NESE modules take a bit of space so with the dual grooves you can fit 10s4p. I am planning to use the NESE module so I would see with the factory if a single grove is possible. I will probably need to add more fiberglass but should be possible.

12s4p%2018650 NESE%2010s4p

Then here a gallery of the deck with 100mm BOA wheels and 8 inch (200mm) AT wheels. I didn’t find a CAD file of a 5-6 inch wheel. If someone has it and wants to share it, thx! Maybe @mishrasubhransu do you have it?

One pic is with carbon fiber, just to dream a bit. I am going to ask whether they can do it and how much it is. Maybe my personal one would be an unicorn :unicorn: I design the deck only dropdown, but that can change easy. Do not forget to answer to the previous polls! You will help me a lot. I hope you will like it…

Deck itself - 36 inch drop down

03_3 03_2 BullyDeckV1

Badass Street setup

03_9 03_4 03_5 03_6 03_7

Carbon Fiber finish

03_8

AT 8 inch wheel

03_AT2 03_AT3 03_AT

I will keep you posted! :wink:

8 Likes

I have the 6x2 wheels cadded up. check pm

1 Like

Thx a lot!

Have you done any modeling to ensure clearance with those tires? looks like you would get wheel bite to me.

1 Like

With the 8 inch for sure. I am going to model them with 6 inch ones, but probably the wheel bite will be still there. I will think to a riser that might help

2 Likes

Rey and I talked about it. I have a model of my deck in cad but I am yet to update it after I cut the corners(literally) to make sure that there is 0 wheel bite.

Once I send him the updated deck he can use that as a reference to make sure that there is no wheel bit with 6" wheels. IMG_20190130_202853

3 Likes

Thanks to @mishrasubhransu for the files. I think that indeed it will requires the corners to go, but I am not sure I want to change the shape so much. This one is a 36 inch board, so shorter of the average dropdown. We can think about it. I am not familiar with AT setup but do you usually use some risers with it? because I thing with and angled one you will get to wheel bite setup. Can be wrong of course.

Here the rendering: I have to admit that never thought about an AT board, but I might it in the future…

AT 6 inch tyres

BullyDeckAT3 BullyDeckAT4 03_AT BullyDeckAT

12 Likes

As long as the concave is deep as fuck im interested :slight_smile:

1 Like

:joy: the concave is there. Can be increased of course, but it will also increase the thickness of the deck. I will post a pic of the concave. I had to find a compromise.

Can’t you just add like a wood layer just on the top, I want to feel like im falling into the deck it should be so deep i struggle to see over the edges of that shit, basically EVO tier concave

Ahahah got it! Make the deck thicker is easy. Keep it rather slim not. Just to be sure are taking about the drop down stepness or the actual concave of the deck?

Concave of the deck, how much the surface you stand on curves around your feet, not how low to the ground it is

Glad to help. BTW, you should change the color of the rims to aluminum or something. Being black takes away from the look in the rendering.

You’ll have to remove material at a particular place to avoid wheel bite. Won’t affect the strength much. I’ll post a pic to store what I mean when I get to work.

Yeh I just liked black anodised :laughing: I totally got where the edge should be removed. I just like the more squared shape. I can always ask to make two variants of the deck. Of course if the price do not increase too much.

1 Like

Or I can just chop the corners like I usually do. Haha

I hope you can see it more with this pic. The concave and so the strength of the deck can be always increase. I can also make deeper groove in that way. I just think that this one is good compromise, but we can decide.

BullyDeckAssembly%20v21

5 Likes

ahahah well the enclosure starts from the edges to be more flushed with the deck. It will have the same wheel bite of a switchblade 36 inch. Does someone have this deck to try it out?

Oh man, this is going to be a sexy deck.