Building stealthy eSkateboards from regular skateboard decks | N.E.S.E | CF integrated enclosure | different hub motors

I’ll post a video soon where you can see how carvy it is. For me its perfect, it allows for really fast changing the lanes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah cool…like i said: if it works for you then itz all good :slightly_smiling_face: i will watch your vid when itz online, because i have to see this thing turning hahaha…a good and interesting build anyways

I’m currently doing a overhaul of the board, this time with lots more patience so it will be more perfect than ever :slight_smile: I’ll reinforce the structure, make one big lid instead of the two (since it turned out I had to open both of them all the time :D), improve water proofing, include two Focboxes (not that the FSESCs didnt work, its just for the form factor and the fact that they were almost cheap and I had some money to spend) and integrate the Photon remote (when it will arrive) since I damaged my FS Winning remote due to a small accident (the USB Port got loose, now I have to use my Hobby charger to charge it). Maybe I’ll never really finish it and always keep improving :smiley:

Yeah! Sounds good. Seems like your first build was kind of a big learning field for you, so now you’re able to avoid some mistakes and reinvent and precice your own style.I think with hub motors its not that difficult to build a board you can ride in the rain :wink: Im still assembling parts for my very first build. I got two brand-new Onan x2 Hubs,a deck(never summer-superfreak(au mann das ist so geil), trucks(etliche), but was struggling with motor controllers. After months of reading and hopefully learning I will use this one: http://www.hellray.de/esk8-controller/ I will not run in foc, because I have a 4 wheel drive which is in foc, what is great, but i miss the motor sound hahahaha it feels strange and weird in foc hahahaha my beloved small everyday board runs (glaube ich) bldc and that feels fine hahahah And Yeah, the Photon Remote is a good choice in my opinion, even i can not tell about it if it works fine or not. But anyways, nice Remote, build with lots of brain, it will work! :grinning:

1 Like

The flipsky escs have known issues so I would be careful with them. I would not consider them reliable. The 4.12 vesc in general had some design issues. It’s usually ok if you run it in bldc at 10s, but it has issues in foc and 12s, unless it’s an upgraded one like chakas 4.12.

Some pics of my new head/tail lights:

ruecklicht r%C3%BCcklicht2 SAM_2386 SAM_2382 SAM_2388

I aim for the best stealth/useable factor possible. Tail light is already done and covered in several layers of epoxy. My head light is a Cree MKR (max 1000 lumens@1280mA) which will be driven by a 1000mA pwmable current supply feeding on the main battery. It is so small that I will also thermoglue it to the front baseplate :slight_smile:

7 Likes

ahhh, finally the last epoxy coating is curing, tomorrow I’ll finish the deck once again :smiley: Its a pity that the Focboxes seem to be hold in customs though, I’ll have to use the FSESCs till I get them… With the Focboxes I will have enough space for 2 led current supplies, the Metr Pro, remote transceiver and battery display :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some more pics :slight_smile: Sanded: SAM_2391 Epoxy coating: SAM_2393

Stress testing :smiley: SAM_2394 SAM_2395 SAM_2396 SAM_2397

This first test was not bad but some water leaked inside. Now its drying and waiting for a second run (after some modifiactions of course :smiley:

5 Likes

IMG_20181214_174859_BURST001_COVER IMG_20181214_180129 IMG_20181214_204122

4 Likes

SAM_2405-01 SAM_2408-01 SAM_2406-01 Sadly I shredded the motors approximately 1 hour after the picture was taken :frowning: but I’ll rewind them :slight_smile:

6 Likes

If you are riding at night I would get a bike light and mount kt to your helmet for the front. The rear is awesome as you only need to others to see you are slowing down etc. At the front at that height, all it does is light up cracks that are too close to the board to do anything about. I hope this helps a bit and saves you a fall or two :slight_smile:

1 Like

Since yesterdays news of a legalization of plev in Germany stealth is not my highest priority any more so the headlights can be more visible :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I hope that Australia will follow soon. We exist in the grey here :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Atm it totally depends on the individual cop, they could fine you lots of money if they really want to.

@City-Blade-101 I still owed you a video of the cruising capabilities, here it is:

https://youtu.be/yiiGX7bFi8Q

I’m not used to take movies with my phone. sorry for the quality but maybe its good enough to see how it works. I can change lanes really quick and carve :slight_smile: I’m driving around 40km/h :wink:

2 Likes

Oh, hahaha yes that is a nice one, and thanx for sharing. I think we must have different riding styles because i cannot see sharp turrns like I like to do, but everything is perfect if you like it and feel good on your board. Today I got something on my mind, a vision, and my first thought was to share this idea with you and Alessio. I know you re doing diy wheels for hubs and i got another idea that could work very good(maybe better) to finally get some really solid urethanes…

1 Like

the idea is to use a good branded Wheel like Abec11 for ex. and cut out the core with cnc to fit on a hub motor

Maybe try with a clone wheels first. Is difficult thst you will get a perfect core vmwithout vibrarion like that. Plus a CNC that cuts for 65mm wheels width is not that easy to find it.

1 Like

yeah, surely trying on cheap wheels first, may a lathe is the right choice of tool for something like this

No a lathe doesn’t mill eccentric. It can but you need a really big lathe with 4 Jaws chuck. Maybe a powerfull laser is better.

1 Like