Building a Three Wheel Hub Motor board, need help with batteries!

Hello everyone, this will be my first topic here and as expected its asking for help. I am quite new to building electric longboards, but as I am from Toronto its a great way to get around. Unfortunately the roads in my area are terrible and urethane just wont cut it, no matter how thick. I was considering doing a eMTB build but saw videos of people riding their onewheels in snow!

After doing some research I came across this ‘little guy’

For those who don’t wish to open the link here are some photos:

ae01-alicdn-com-kf-HTB102SHXJfvK1RjSszhxh7cGFXaW-jpeg ae01-alicdn-com-kf-HTB14NJNSFXXXXaCXpXXq6xXFXXXD-10inch-10-inch-10x6-5-5-wide-tubeless-tyre-brushless-gearless-dc-wheel-hub-motor-balance-jpg ae01-alicdn-com-kf-HTB1T8eFXITxK1Rjy0Fgxh5ovpXas-jpeg

This super wide hub motor comes in a variety of power outputs (250W, 350W, 500W, 600W) and voltages (24V, 36V, 48V, 60V)

My plan is to strap it as the back wheel on a longboard with the front two being trampa 9 inch wheels, or something similar. The best part would be when the snow hits as Id love to attach snowmobile like skis for some real fun!

Here is a rough 3d model I made:

IMG_0003 IMG_0004 IMG_0005

I really want to use the 600W version of the motor but want to know a few things;

Does it need a disc brake? Or is breaking something that is handled by a VESC.

Which VESC should I purchase, flipsky or focbox?

What do I use to power this? Whats the best BMS, and should I go with Samsung 30Q or other cells in a specific configuration or Lipo packs?

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you!