Build #1 - Hummie deck, 10s4p, dual 6355's, Boa's, Dual Vesc, Caliber2's

@bigben any good places to grab a set of pneumatics for the hummie deck? I am waiting on my own to get shipped, but pneumatics looks :ok_hand: on your instagram pics

Mine were from @psychotiller . They’re great.

As far as I know absolutely nothing I was just pointing out another option.

I’m not sure on the pneumatic thing if I’m honest, quite pricey for decent ones plus I’m not sure I like the look. Those boa’s look the part - anyone actually ridden on them?

theres a thread somewhere where alot of high rep riders (@b264, @longhairedboy, etc) who have ridden them / are riding them and the general answer is that theyre quality and have outstanding grip

Yeah I did; they are great wheels. 100mm is too small for me, though

I think, realistically and within a sensible budget (lol), 100mm is probably the biggest I will get no?

There’s not much difference in price between 100 and 107 tbh

Well the Boa’s are available from sickboards now so that makes them more appealing :slight_smile:

IMG-20180918-WA0002 IMG-20180918-WA0006

Hummie deck arrived, very very happy :blush: thanks @bigben.

IMG-20180920-WA0009 Pack in process, rewrapped all the cells as they came from different manufacturers so the different colours triggered me a bit lol.

IMG_20180920_210545

The wife is loving the dining room right now lol… She’s convinced I’m building some sort of bomb :joy:

4 Likes

She’s not wrong, be careful.

Did you check these cells before you popped them together? All the same spec?

1 Like

Yup all good don’t worry :+1:

18650s are bombs

3 Likes

Don’t panic, all is well. They are all 25r :grin: I’m a long time vaper so I’m aware of the issues with 18650’s.

Ordered a set of Boa’s for wheels, reasonable price and sickboards had them so I wont have to wait.

Just need to decide on pulleys now, will be 40t with 190ish kv motors but do i go with press fit ones or bolt on? I’ve got stock caliber 2 trucks so I’m guessing bolt on as I dont like the idea of turning the nuts around that the press fits seem to need.

Bolt on would likely be these

Any advice on belt width? I’ll be using idlers on the belt with dickyho mounts.

You could push the boat out… https://shop.3dservisas.eu/products/fatboy-wheel-pulley-set-for-kegel-44t-40t-36t

I’m tempted but I think I’ll have to remove some material from the trucks to get them on. They do look rather nice though :slight_smile:

Any thoughts on the SK8 motors?

IMG_20180925_165522 IMG-20180925-WA0006

No bearings yet, should be here tomorrow

IMG_20180929_210137

4 Likes