Brushless Motor Shaft size

I always wondered why 8mm shaft seems to be the goto size…I see plenty of 10mm shaft sized motors…Are 10mm bore pullys hard to find?

Yes, I also considered going 10mm bore but after 30 minutes all I found were pulleys with 20tooth or more and thats the real problem.

Then again I f you can bor the hole a little wider I say go for it but you would need some tools so that you didnt go too wide and mess up the pulley

I know you can get 12t and 14t in a 10mm bore with both flanged but 15 pcs min order

Default are mostly 8mm that’s probably why they are default. so a 10mm would be a custom size. I’ve broken a 6mm motor shaft but never an 8mm.

Some motor shafts are 10mm in size.

But it seems difficult to get 10mm bore pully … Seems not common and most of the 63 motors I’ve seen lately with 250kv and lower have been the 10mm shaft size…

Yeah, it is. 10mm bore is custom. The motors with 10mm motor shaft are also the standard for 63mm RC motors besides Enertion and I.

There’s sdp-si but they might not have 10mm.

I have some 10mm bore motor with 8mm bore pulley.

Is it possible to dremel down the motor shaft? I am afraid if I make the pulley bore bigger more integrity strength of the pulley will be compromised compared to sanding down the motor shaft.

You could get someone to lathe the motor shaft down or bore out the pulley. Or you could buy a pulley with the right bore? http://www.beltingonline.com/15-tooth-htd5-pulley-15-5m-15f-7772

What’s the problem with a higher number tooth pulley on the motor? Considering on a bike the larger gear with more teeth produces a higher top speed. Does it stress the motor?