Brand New VESC not working at motors

I bought two brand new vanda vesc’s they said they tested them at the store. One pluged rt in and is working great. The other one powers on just fine but won’t turn the motor grant it I’m using one remote for both… Same servo… Here is the link since I can’t up load the video

How many posts are you gonna make about this?

3 Likes

Cause I haven’t gotten an answer so maybe I’m asking it wrong I’ve been asking everywhere on here and I’ve been looking all through the forum I don’t have nothing but a Chromebook and my Android phone I’m trying to get the cable to connect my phone to the VESC since they say Chromebook won’t work. I know there is a way to do it but I’m not understanding once I do plug it in to a PC or something what is the next steps. Some threads have thousands of comments and it’s a lil much to filter and find exactly what I’m looking for. Sorry for post it so much I’ll delete the old ones oh wait I cant… but this one has the video which I just found the way to upload it today. I’m just trying to get some help if y’all can’t help then I don’t know I’ll just guess like I’ve pretty much done this entire time.

Normally you would just post a reply on the original thread, spamming up the forum isnt gonna get you anymore help than normal.

Is your receiver connected to both VESC’s using a split PPM cable? Are the VECS’s setup for can bus maybe?

2 Likes

Ok sorry man I’m not savaay with social media bro I don’t do a lot of that. But thanks I’ll remember for now on. Ok so ppm how do I make my own do I need to cut the middle wire on the slave? also on this vesc where and what kind of can bus. Thanks for helping bro

If you didn’t connect your vescs, how you think the slave should get the trigger signal? There is the search function in the right up corner. Search for „vesc can setup“ if you want to go this way, or search for „ppm y split cable“ if you want to go with split ppm.

1 Like

Thanks Andy I have looked all over but I wasn’t searching can or ppm till today. Do you think I can make my own canbus. Since the ppm didn’t workout. Hopefully it is in slave.

first you need to find out if the VESC’s are programmed to use can bus or not. Can you ask the seller?

If not then you need split PPM, you essentially match all the wires (negative, positive & signal) except you remove the positive wire on the slave VESC.

If the VESC’s are programmed for can bus, and you powered them individually, you may have burned the can bus chip.

I have been pm Karen and email but they aren’t responding only that they programed them on their end but they didn’t answer my question and before I received I notified them that I was. Going to be using two vesc’s on one remote running two motors. They said ok send us the specs on the motor so they can program then but they didn’t tell me how to connect them… Hopefully canbus I’m going to make my own

Thank you I have made my own canbus and you were right they already programed one to be slave. Thank you and I will no longer ranting I have learned a lot thanks to all y’all on here. Ride safe

oh boy this got me

Lol learning something new everyday

Everything working great now with the Vanda vesc’sScreenshot_20190313-150229 maybe once I tighten the trucks a little bit more I can do + 30 but reached a new high speed record for myself thanks to my new all-wheel drive