Brakes failing don’t know why please help

I don’t advise going lower than 14t with a 5htd tooth profile. You get less tooth engagement and the belt will strip.

3 Likes

K thanks a lot do you know where in uk I can source that and what bore is Tb motors 8mm or 10mm

Is there any way I could limit the motor to a certain amount of Kev or something

Probably 8mm.

The VESC is amazing but it won’t change the resistance in your motor windings. Only way to change the KV on your motors is to rewind them with more turns on the stators.

That’s a no

So what do you say I should do except scraping the motors

I will second/third or forth what everyone has said and get motors with a lower kv. Yes the unity can handle higher erpm however you are still running the risk of issues.

please read this article about KV for each battery. Only experienced builders/ riders should be messing with kv and battery and speed.

The thing about that article is that it is based on a cell being on full charge most the time cells are 3.7v

So 8450/37 is 227kv which is t that far off a 260kv motor Also couldn’t I limit it to 33v or so as then it would work with 260kv fine

If “cheap” is your goal, get a KEDA 6364.
If “good” is your goal, get a 6374 from @psychotiller
For something in-between get a @torqueboards 6374 (for single-drive) or two @torqueboards 6355 for dual drive.

Don’t go over 200Kv.

K so here’s is my fully composed thing

A unity can do 100000 erpm(agreed)

100000/7 poles is around 14200

14200/260 is around 54

12s is 3.712 which is around 44(even at full charge 124.2 is around 50v)

So the unity and motor should all fit in together

What is your source for that? I’ve heard that, but never seen proof. I don’t think the microprocessors are any faster than a VESC 4.12

I have the larger 260kv version of these

I have heard from quite a few people that this is so

No, you have the 260Kv version. Everyone here is saying not to go over 200Kv.

The 260Kv motors would work great on 7S (29.4V max, 25.2V nominal)

Here’s my source

Found it on forum

So this should be true

Do it, and then show us how. We’re giving you answers, and you are rejecting them. You should show us how to do things a different way.

protip: To put an asterisk in markdown, you need to put a backslash before it.

1 Like

Oh thanks for help will try with these motors if they don’t work I will switch

TB motors have a 8mm shaft.

https://www.beltingonline.com/timing-pulleys-bars-272/htd5-pulleys-285/?zenid=f2e6ii4ukptpm8c9krvjdmr433 This is a place I know of to get custom pulleys in the UK. I also get all my belts from them because they’re stronger than the default ones TorqueBoards give.

What width pulleys do you have? I have 2x 12mm 14T 5M pulleys which I’d like to trade with someone for a higher tooth count (I want slightly more speed).

Hey, sorry to jump in on your thread but I had a similar issue and i hate making multi threads(unless i need too, plz say so)… posted here, https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/vesc-faq-regen-braking-configuration-bldc-tool-brake-force/353/50?u=j95hicks. But Im running dual 170kv on 12s8P setup,motor min -75, bat min -20… maybe respond in the other thread, so i dont clog up this guys thread? but Thx

How do you calculate belt size