Brake light system

I wondering if someone know where l can buy brake light system for my receiver or vesc 4.12 on my mountainboard will great at night in the traffic

2 Likes

@Mich21050 is working on one as well and what @taz linked aaand search function helps a lot as well :raised_hands:

4 Likes

@taz do you just run the ppm lead in one end and out the other or how is that wired up?

Don’t forget…

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

No thank you! Waiting on some bits to be able to make one

1 Like

Wait… You are making your own? :smile: If so shoot me a pm… :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a good idea if you want to be seen, but everyone is creating toy level lights. You need 1000-2000 lumens to actually light up the road so you can seee more than 3 feet in front of you when going 20-30 mph.

At 30mph, you move 44 feet per second. That means you need at least 100 feet of light to have any chance of avoiding potholes or other road dangers (still only 2.4 seconds of reaction time).

1 Like

Car lights have restrictions on their angle or brightness or something and somehow they generally don’t blind you coming at them but cyclists get some monster diy light and mount it however they want and I’m blinded. Not that I have advice on how not to blind everyone

Imagine a Y splitter. One end goes into the vesc, on one end of the Y you connect the receiver and on the other end of the Y you have the lights.

As @evoheyax mentioned though the front is simply not powerful enough. The rear is ok and works like a car’s brake light.

Personally for the front I just hold a 1000lm torch in my hand as I have found that anything mounted as low as the board is more or less useless.

@taz yeah i really wasn’t worried about the headlight I’m just interested in the brake lights

1 Like

I’m planning on organizing a GB for my modules if you are interested. Might take 2 weeks or so because one supplier is out of stock… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

if they’re not an arm and a leg then why not

1 Like

12 usd

10char @mynamesmatt

2 Likes

im in 10jasons

1 Like