Boss level custom spot welder

I just tried 10ms and it’s still not welding correctly, I can pull them easily with my hands, however sometimes it works, it’s kinda inconsistent

What is a battery? If the discharge current of the battery is small, spot welding can not be done. Replace the battery. ^^;

@aulakiria Hello, What is the current wait time to purchase one of these with shipping to australia? Thanks

1 Like

I will take it to the post office within 1~2 days. It takes 7~10 days from Korea to Australia.

2 Likes

I got 7 batteries to build I think I will run out of electrodes for my pen Does anyone have some extra, or know a store that sells them?

Maybe I could just use copper wire

I just made a new pen, bought a piece of 3/16" copper rod, cut off two 4" lengths, soldered some 8AWG Silicone wire to them, and wrapped them up good with heat shrink. For a bit of grip I used a few zipties to give some grip and hold them tight together. It does really nice welds now and I have lots of copper to file off.

I really like how flexible the wire is now too.

20181126_213819

20181127_170347

20181127_170351

20181127_174711

6 Likes

This pen?

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/753WGEU

1 Like

yup, that’s the one

2 Likes

Was thinking of doing this to extend my length. But confused on the part which one is positive and which ones negative? Or it doesn’t matter

does not matter. the tip is shorting out the battery, does not matter polarity.

did the same thing, replaced the stiff wire that comes with the pen with silicone wire for flexibility. so much easier…

1 Like

Yep, doesn’t matter. I only used red and black heat shrink and wire because I had it handy.

1 Like

So I have this welding pen, and need some more electrodes for it, they measure 1.6mm in diameter but i can not find that cable anywhere in my city, where do you get your electrodes from?

don’t they sell the tips at banggood or aliexpress?

seems they are very expensive. 1m wire will be really really cheaper.

1 Like

Still seems like voodoo to me, I might try to make another pen soon, my last attempt was let’s just say…bad

It should be very easy to do another pen…if it’s not …my tutorial sux.

1 Like

Its theft lol Im going to message sunkko to see if they sell them cheaper

Hey guys, I finally got this spot welder and it’s having the problem of restarting when I try to weld. I’m using .15mm nickel strips with this battery: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077P73SDS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I see a few other people have this problem too but I can’t find a definitive solution. Please help.

what do you mean by restart? that battery is not powerful. what’s the burst? you need high C burst to make decent welds.

The discharge is rated at 50c for the battery that Im using. I understand that the minimum required is 40c.

It restarts or resets as in it turns off then turns back on again without completing the weld.