Boss level custom spot welder

pcbs are on github, github.com/akhlut wire is 22awg bare tinned copper from remington industries

3 Likes

do you have more of the PCB’s you wanna sell?

1 Like

I have some. I’ll have to look when I get home.

2 Likes

im wondering if the soldering iron can be used with a 10s power supply? kinda 10v higher but hope it is possible without anything popping

I dunno. It’s just 3v above max recommended. It’s a good question. @aulakiria please. Could you reply It? Is It possible to solder on 42v?

the pic on his blog post says 32v not 39v or am i reading something old

No. It says 35v. What a mess. I don’t know why i had 39v in my head. Actually i always use 24v

solder10

1 Like

I am sorry for the confusion.

I marked the maximum voltage as 35v. However, the manufacturer’s standard is 24v. I recommend a voltage of around 24v.

The output of the 10s charger is 42v.

3 Likes

Thank you lee.

I used the soledring hundreds of hours with a 19V laptop charger (a powerful one though). Isn’t it enough ?

I also use 19v, 72w laptop adapter. Works as a charm and heats up in seconds

It’s more a wattage thingy. I have made an adaptor for my 12v lipo. It works flawlessly. It works fine as long as you provide some amps.

Cool can you solder 10awg with it or?

I solder 10ga, I just use a different tip. Large flat one that holds more heat.

Personally I can’t (19V 80W laptop charger with thin tip iron delivered with the spot welder). I keep a basic non regulated 75W for this purpose.

Yeah the smaller tip can’t handle the heat dissipation with large ga wire

I solder often 8awg and did 6awg once

This video for example. That’s 8awg

got the welding pen for sunkko 709a welder and rigged it to work with the boss welder.

i’m loving it so far, and tips are trivially easy to replace.

oh, the tips are spring loaded so you can apply nice, even pressure on the tips, yielding very nice results.

com-crop

0911182213_HDR

0911182214_HDR

17 Likes

Really nice ! Did you tweak the pen other than soldering a XT90 on its leads ?