Boss level custom spot welder

Damn man! Sorry to hear that. What happened? They saved your kidney? Did you had surgery?

Play some Héroes del Silencio

3 Likes

Yeah man. The damn kidney was broken pissing on my guts and creating a big infection. It is fixed now. Héroes del silencio is a big help of course.

7 Likes

glad to hear you’re on the mend and please get well soon!

4 Likes

Damn. Good thing kidneys are dual drive. Redundancy FTW!

6 Likes

Lol good one :joy:

1 Like

Well I was considering buying the same welder you did (https://malectrics.eu/product/diy-arduino-battery-spot-welder-kit-v3-2-2-full-bundle-lipo-battery/), but now I think I might just go with the Boss welder. Anyone have any recommendations?

Anyone here has the malectrics? If so please advice this mate about It.

Take a look at the thread. And decide yourself while you wait for advice.

The maelectrics welder is awesome. I now know what went wrong when I blew the hole in the battery :smiley: Always apply pressure on the welds. When you weld and the strip doesn’t make proper contact to the battery/nickel below it, you get a big spark and mess things up. Thats not maelectrics fault.

1 Like

Thanks! I am going to buy it sometime before the end of the week.

I am glad you are ok brother.

2 Likes

Thank you man

1 Like

I recieved my battery today and was just trying this out, all was going good in the automatic weld mode until I plugged in the switch. I did about three welds and then a pop and the magic white smoke.

It still welds in automatic mode, but the manual switch no longer works. Pressing the encoder still changes from one setting to the next, but there’s no response when turning the encoder.

@aulakiria is there anyway I can fix this? :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I think @Eboosted had a similar problem. I see you have the metal standoffs. The PCBs are protected but seems lee got a faulty batch of them. Now he is using nylon standoffs and the problem is solved but maybe you got one of the faulty PCBs. Mail lee. He does not read the forum everyday. Btw i see you have not heatsinks or fans. Have you set fets temperature under 50°?

Same happend to me and I burned off the tracks to the switch. Mine was beyond repair but I’m fairly certain the metal standoff’s was the cause since one of them was straight over the burnt trace. I replaced mine with plastic standoff’s.

Ill send an email to him. I’d only done a few welds, I think the temp was only like 23.5.

Take close pics of the traces. If you didn’t Burn anything maybe you are on time to save It. If you got one of the cursed PCBs just by swapping the standoffs with nylon ones the problem is fixed. @Minim is the mastermind of that fix.

Take a closer look at that picture I posted, the trace is burnt right in front of the three pins for the encoder.

You might be able to do the insulation step with the standoffs, then solder a jumper wire connecting both ends of the blown trace. If you scroll up in the thread, someone’s done it.

Could someone show me a picture of theirs? It looks like the middle pin on the encoder might need to be connected too