Boss level custom spot welder

So. I noticed that last night. Even the battery was getting warm. I had to go put gloves on. I feel like an extra tip/battery would work well. I ended up putting a desk fan on the welder and battery. U get the extra tip from Aluakiria?

I purchased two welders, but one was for a friend. So I made an extra set of wires. Just 50CM of 8ga, and some 14ga solid core shoved up in there.

Maybe I’ll make one. Could always set battery on ice pack I suppose

You rotate batteries as well?

Nope…I’m using a 32Ah 4s smooshed between two heatsinks. It stays cold.

f28663ca0f7efdd318609a5cf716dec13271ab0a_1_666x500

4 Likes

Those multistarwork okay? Or does it take 32ah to get the job done.

Its what I had laying around. I can build about 10-12 battery’s containing ~50 cells, and solder all leads off a single charge.

2 Likes

My buddy has plenty of those lying around. Might borrow some

1 Like

The fan from that port works when the temperature goes above the settings and stops when within security range again. It is better a continuous fan or heatsink if you want to go faster.

I already know. Metal supports are insulated from pcb and aluminum plate. However, your point is also true. I am preparing for nylon support.

3 Likes

You should give me a new PCB with the fet’s on. Then i change the damage PCB myself

1 Like

Are those heatsinks copper? Or just golden painted? Nice job.

Yeah I noticed after I adjusted Max fet temp. Fan on heat sinks. Tip gets to hot first now

Hi guys and gals,

i noticed at @aulakiria’s blog he is offering a ac circuit for the spot welder. Did someone tried this? Is installing that thing pretty straight forward?

Yes he made AC version too. No one talked about It at this thread as we focus on the DC He did many vídeos about It at his YouTube Channel. I think this is the current version:

does anybody have a solder pen for sell?

I think lee can supply. Did you mail him?

I feel like my battery has protested being used. 12ms X2 X2 just to weld .15 onto .15 nickel. Not sure what’s up.

12 for 0.15 looks a lot. All of a sudden?

Not sure. Went from single strip on battery to second strip for parallel group and that’s what it takes to get a proper weld.