Boss level custom spot welder

Thats 1800 apache box doesn’t feel cheap at all using it for a 10s6p battery with bms and also building a 12s5p with my trusty spot welder but still looks really good for storage it even looks to have more space for other things to fit

1 Like

Payment sent. Next step is 18650 batteries now. Also can this lipo work for this spot welder ? Or do I need the 5000mah ?

You need a large lipo. From others trying to use small lipo it doesn’t work very well. Long ms times and Multi-stage. I’m using an 8k mAh nanotech lipo. It works great.

2 Likes

You are right. I guess at least 5000 is needed, 8000 mah is perfect. Saving cash on the lipo is not a good idea.

1 Like

I will take your advice and get a 8000mah one instead. Thanks for clarification

Im gonna try my spot welder today, but when i plug it with tue battery and turned on, there is a fast beeping sound, so i didn’t pursue to test( dont wanna screw up), any one knows what’s happening with this?

Anything on the screen?

What battery? Can you post a video?

Are the tips replaceable? Im almost at the end of mine

also for cooling an old processor heatsink and a bit of thermal paste works wonders!

im welding super fast so i reach those 50c in minutes

1 Like

How many welds have you done to go through that many tips?

Maybe this

https://www.aliexpress.com/af/welding-needle.html?d=y&origin=n&blanktest=0&jump=afs&SearchText=welding+needle&initiative_id=SB_20180509134455&isViewCP=y&catId=0

I use

You can replace tips forever with one of those. I couldn’t find It at local hardware stores. Maybe you can. That link is cheap anyway.

2 Likes

So rather then that other lipo I asked about do you guys think this one be fine.

Link is to 1mm^2 cross section wire (1.12mm diameter). Closest awg is 17 according to

Yes 10char

2 Likes

Solved, emailed aulukaria, voltage setting.

Maybe a thousand strong nickel to nickel ones

2 Likes

It works. It’s pretty similar to the one lee uses. I used slightly thicker too. Didn’t really improve.

http://s.aliexpress.com/RRjqMRv6

1 Like

That Will work because nanotech has real ratings but beware…50c burst is low. If you pick another lipo with 50c burst “overrated” It will make poor welds.

1 Like

How hard should it be to rip off the strip? I’m using 0.2x7mm strip and 9000mAh 4S 45C battery. I feel that I need 5ms/2x (3ms pause) before I get them sticking…