Boosted "XL" | Boosted Board Deck / Evolve-TB Trucks / Janux Motor Mounts / the Eboosted Enclosures / Dual Focbox / Janux 6374@190kv motors / 12s4p Samsung 30qs with Bestech BMS / Enertion Nano-x 2.4Ghz Remote / Metr.At Bluetooth

Dam, haven’t used mine yet but this looks bad. :frowning_face: What happend? Did the epoxy go?

Took it out for a ride and it got all jacked up

1 Like

Would anyone try to jb weld the magnets back?

Is it worth doing?

1 Like

You can epoxy them back in and use better epoxy so it won’t happen again and it would be worth it if you liked their performers before. However, in not sure jb weld has a high enough heat resistance.

Edit: I have no idea what to use.

1 Like

What would you recommend using?

1 Like

Some people use some kind of high temp loctite if i recall right

1 Like

Do you have a link to the epoxy I should use?

I personally would toss them out and buy some new ones. The time and money it takes to fix it (if it fixes it) could be spent riding. Just my 2 cents worth.

It would be nice if you could buy the bells separately. I buy separate bells all the time for my racing drones but I haven’t seen any of these sellers sell just the bells.

you are my hero!! so rad!

Here are some pics of the board before one of the motors failed. The board should be up and running next week once I get the new motors in.

imageimageimageimage

1 Like

A few thoughts.

• the USA sellers on ebay for that motor have like 1yr/2yr/3yr warranty. hmm…

• Loctite 326 is glue for magnet to bell. Use primer 7649. $$$$! High temperature retaining compound might work too.

• How much do you want for those bad motors? :slight_smile:

I already tried to glue them back with jb weld since it can stand up to 316c and a constant temp of 260c

:frowning:

Had I known I would have bought the Loctite

imageimageimageimage

Oh ya for anyone trying to do this in the future, remember to alternate poles on each magnet

5 Likes

So did it work? Did you put it back in the board.

I spun the motors, and it spun, but I don’t know if they are safe to ride on. Dickyho is mailing me a new bell!

I also ordered the janux motors

image image

3 Likes

Just got the metr Bluetooth receiver. I was wondering what settings people are using for 12s 6374 setup?

image image

1 Like

image image image

Upgraded the wheels to 107s

7 Likes

How you liking the flux drives on 12s?

They are nice. Marc is a good guy! @marcmt88

1 Like

Did the evolve trucks in front? How did you like it?

1 Like

Haven’t done it yet be honest. Put all my latest efforts into my evo so been loving that thing. Got the trucks here just haven’t had the time to play with them. Definitely not putting one on the evo though. That would be suicidal I reckon. It will probably go on the 10s4p build with a carbon drop through and either direct drives or high amp hubs. The shopping trolley. Nice and light and carvy.

1 Like