Boosted "XL" | Boosted Board Deck / Evolve-TB Trucks / Janux Motor Mounts / the Eboosted Enclosures / Dual Focbox / Janux 6374@190kv motors / 12s4p Samsung 30qs with Bestech BMS / Enertion Nano-x 2.4Ghz Remote / Metr.At Bluetooth

Built a DIY esk8 with friends that is based off a boosted board deck.

Thing is running: Dual Janux 6374 @190kv Motors @marcmt88 Dual Enertion Focboxes 12s4p with 18650 Samsung 30qs Bestech 12s BMS charge only Flipsky antispark switch Abec 107 wheels Eboosted @Eboosted enclosures janux @marcmt88 motor mounts Evolve front trucks Tb rear trucks Boosted board V2 deck Enertion Nano-X Remote

Here is a breakdown of the build with links/costs and parts:

Photos here:

image image image image image image image image image

Adding focbox settings:

image image

13 Likes

I love the look of that thing! Looks like its just about to pounce on something. Never heard of anyone doing that dkp front truck rkp rear How does it ride?

2 Likes

Rides great. I first tested it on another board and liked the feeling.

1 Like

No wobbles at all?

Nope, none at all

1 Like

Got some evolve trucks coming soon for science purposes and I am so doing this. What motors are those?

1 Like

I’m sure you like to ride more the DIY than your boosted board :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Great work on the enclosures my friend!!!

2 Likes

@Eboosted does beautiful work. Got an evo coming as advised alan will send you a pm for the enclosure.

They are no names, I got them off ebay

1 Like

Nice build!

1 Like

Are they the $50-ish C6374 with 10mm shafts? If so, how are they running?

Here is a build list. It’s not updated yet with final parts but will give you a good idea on total costs.

They are the 50 buck motors, and they are running pretty good

2 Likes

Very nice build! Looks so clean

Just one thing, you probably fixed it when closing the enclosure but please make sure that the phase wire connectors dont get pulled out/the golden part exposed like on the picture. I get a lot of repairs because of this, when the phase wires short it can damage the VESC beyond repairability. image

2 Likes

True! I do wrap it with kapton tape.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip!

3 Likes

Cool build! What’s the thing with the extra caps? kuva

1 Like

Smooths out (induction loaded) spikes from the battery → esc…

1 Like

thanks Cobber, ya, read on the boards that for every foot of distance you have between the battery and the esc, you should add caps to reduce the spikes. If you don’t a 12s would/could burn out your esc overtime

2 Likes

I was wondering if there was any other suggestions on how to improve this build?