Boardnamics CNC Motor Mount w/ Idler Tension System $40 ORDER NOW

Couldn’t you just extend the length of the whole mount by 10-20mm?

@Lionkev55 could always shave the edge of the wheel down :wink: Btw with 100mm MBS should be able to get full range on idler?

I did, but what I found were 2 things.

1.As the center distance gets bigger, the less an idler has the ability to adjust the tension of the belt. Hard to explain but basically think trigonometry here. I tested my design with a longer center distance and change in belt required belt length actually got worse, I know weird.

2.The mount is already long w/ a 90mm center distance. Any bigger and I risk people having clearance issues with their boards. A longer mount is also more sensitive to alignment issues, again trig.

Best way to combat this is to source a different belt for abnormal setups. Besides, most mounts only support a narrow range of belts anyways, right?

Just tested, and 92mm and below is where the idler can be put anywhere in the slot with no clearance issues.

Have you looked into using a Flathead Connector Bolt? That should gain a fair amount of clearance.

1 Like

The total bolt head clearance is limited by the distance between the belt and the actual wheel. Most people have their belts nearly rubbing the wheel which leaves not even those bolts to give any clearance at all. I’d rather not risk any wheel bite from a bolt anyways.

Are there 2 versions, 1 for the left and 1 for the right? Or do we just flip the goofy side over?

Flip it. If you’re talking about the idler, it’s tough cause it has to be on the top or bottom, can’t be both. That said if you’re running dual, one will help breaking and the other accelerating. I’m aware of that whole slack side idler idea. Shouldn’t make much of a difference, didn’t think of that…

1 Like

That’s a good point @mmaner, didn’t think about that. Would work diagonal

1 Like

Mine turned up today. They look sweet. Cant wait to install them. Thanks.

Post a pic when you do

Yeah to anyone who has theirs already, let’s see it :slight_smile: I know a lot of you haven’t been invoiced for it yet, waiting on 320mm belts. All the mounts are ready but I ordered a ton of belts. My inventory is looking good so I should be able to crank them out fast.

Im interested, but I have 15mm pulleys already and I wanna make sure this design works for me. 15T and 36T with 90mm wheels. 6367 motor and caliber 2 trucks. Mount looks good though! I wanna buy it. Just show me 15mm belts work fine and I will

It does, it can support widths of 15mm. The belts I sell are 12mm for compatibility.

When will you have 15mm belts in stock? I saw youre ordering some

I guess I will put in an order. A lot of people seem to want 15mm. All I have ordered right now is a ton of 12mm sizes.

1 Like

A couple of photos of the mounts with Torqueboards 6355 190kv motor and DIYelectricskateboards 36T drive wheel with 13T pulley and 83mm wheels.

The belt feels looser than expected but I cant feel slippage with the idler (which is at full tension).

2 Likes

Don’t you want the idler on the bottom side . The slack side, makes it better

any issues bending or breaking yet?

1 Like