Board fire pictures

word. Two jobs here. One of them i really enjoy. The other is making me fat and depressed.

1 Like

let em play with the laser!

How did you go through 8 VESC’s? Did you destroy a 4wd board twice? :sweat_smile:

destroyed 4 of them on a single drive :rofl:

only fried 2 transitioning to dual :wink:

1 Like

How did you bust em?

shorted phase leads, shorted caps, shorted heatsink, accidentally bridging drv pins, shorted fets, and a few of the average drv fault

1 Like

Well that is very unfortunate, so far the only thing I’ve butchered was my first lipos I shorted them, lucky for me the aluminium tab or whatever just popped and melted so there was no fire.

oh I also butchered some lipos :rofl:

3 cells were at .94v while the rest were at 2.32v

1 Like

That would definitely be cheaper than food and housing, but I think I ll keep em :slight_smile:

1 Like

to each their own :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I guess I should consider myself lucky then. I’ve only blown a DRV once and @JohnnyMeduse came in clutch fixing it. Other than that I’m still running my original Torqueboards vesc and Ollin boards vesc on my dual.

2 Likes

yea… you are EXTREMELY lucky :wink:

2 Likes

Took TB Vesc for a FOC detection. Instantly destroyed it. :fire: :no_mouth:

Been thinking about putting a fuse in, don’t have a BMS using lipo ATM. Would I put the fuse in the Anti spark loop part ?

That is why you just don’t use foc on anything except focboxes or vesc 6…

1 Like

@MannyM0E DM’ed

TB seems pretty confident of FOC in their bldc tutorial. :lying_face:

Yeah well obviously they talk up their product. Almost everyone on here advises against it

1 Like

This whole B-box adventure started after my wife and I fried about 6 TB vesc’s in foc…

3 Likes

Something tells me they are doing this on purpose. :thinking:

Man, sometimes you open your mouth and stupid falls out…

7 Likes