Board fire pictures

Sad day, this was curious, was pushing for a while and decided to go electric so turned on remote and pulled trigger and board started smoking tried to get battery out but failed, don’t know why did the board go up when asked for current, vescs were fused. Battery’s where old and didn’t hold much charge as they where 2 years old and charge daily. Edit: my good friend made a go fund me :joy:

9 Likes

damn dude, I hate to see that.

1 Like

that’s terrible. so sad :cry:

1 Like

scary. I carry an aerosol fire extinguisher in my bag most of the time just in case.

I’m going to assume battery short after 2 years of daily use and vibration?

3 Likes

Yes I didn’t treat it very kind, I am interested if the bms shorted though because the battery would not have waited for me to pull back on trigger right?

That’s true, battery age and short wouldn’t have needed a trigger pull

Fire Video :

8 Likes

Damn. Was that a custom deck? Hope you can recover some of the parts. Bet you got a crowd wondering how a skateboard caught on :fire:

Made the campus snap story

15 Likes

That happened on campus?!? Hope you weren’t late to class or receive any consequences.:skull:

1 Like

So sad :frowning: Custom made Li-Ion? Or Li-Po?

Lithium-ion 12s 4p 25r,

Is that a Torque Boards complete or a custom build?

So sorry for your loss man! If you plan on building another let me know and I’ll see what I can come up with for ya

3 Likes

Oh nooo!!! I gonna have nightmares again with my house burning down. Sorry for your loss mate.

4 Likes

nice photoshop

4 Likes

Id kill myself if this ever happemed on campus, after 1 murder and 3 stabbings

2 Likes

OHHH NONONONOOOOOOOO AGAAAIN!!

Only thing I can say 2 years is a lot for a board, at least you used it until depletion! :grinning:

4 Likes

More like a 2-year time bomb :bomb::fireworks::fire:

Did you lay the inside of your custom carbon fiber board with some fiberglass or any kind of non conductive material ?

1 Like