Bms soldering help

O ok so the fets might actually handle higher amp but the smds on other pars of the board might not. Will try it the way I’m doing it now probably won’t need it anyway as esc will cut if any issues.

I had a response from the seller and he seems to think D- doesn’t need to be used. But I can’t see how it will cut if using only p-/p+ as that’s stated as the charging side.

The seller is right, if you want more than 5A you need to connect the battery directly to the ESC/VESC and also in parallel to B+ and B-. Then on P+ and P- you would connect your charger. This will only protect the battery while charging, but will not protect overcurrent, overdischarge and overcharge from regen

No but for discharging so for me led idea to work they say just connect to p-/p+ but from what I can see that would only cut off on charging not discharging.

oh, for the led, you need B+ and D-

Yea that was my thought from the start but the seller says no. But they are Chinese and probably don’t know much about the product.

You can allways test all of this pretty easily. All you need is a dc-dc buck converter so you can adjust voltages and plug it into the first cell port, then adjust from 4v to 4.3 and check what happens with P± D-, etc. Then do the opposite, start on 4v and lower the voltage to 2.3

Yea don’t have one or know anyone with one. Will just put the battery one charge up and make sure it cuts and then run them down and check that it cuts.

You can get them from ebay/amazon for about 10$ :smile:

Found a 3-40v one but need a power supply as was just the regulator but needs to go below 3v for liion