Bluetooth HM-10 not discoverable on Android 8.0/8.1 Oreo

I don’t know, it’s worth a try.

1 Like

You don’t need root to run beta software for Google Beta Program. You can sign up your Google phone at android.com/beta

Don’t know either.

I am not even able to find the module with my Nexus 5X running 8.1 beta with November patch

Nothing at all? My finds it (or maybe another BLE device around my apartment) but then says fails to connect. How frustrating. Glad I didn’t trade in the old phone just yet.

Nope nothing… Sounds like that’s less of an annoyance than being able to find it but unable to connect :sweat_smile:

Same here, updated to oreo, suddenly no chance of finding Module… worked perfectly before :frowning:

Is not fixable by App. It’s a problem with the firmware of the bluetooth module (HM10) and the stronger bluetooth error tolerance in Android 8.x (OREO).

So a new FW for the bluetooth module is needed, it’s buggy.

See this link for more information: https://e2e.ti.com/support/wireless_connectivity/bluetooth_low_energy/f/538/p/670467/2472298

Or search for “hm-10 oreo TI android bluetooth” in your prefered search engine.

The used bluetooth module is called HM-10, which includes a chip (CC2541) from TI (Texas Instruments).

5 Likes

We need more ppl on this issue

EDIT: Already found an important note from android which the DEVs could look in to

Android 8 includes changes that bring both good and bad news. The bad news is that the existing workarounds will no longer work to let you detect beacons when you app is not in the foreground. The good news is that new APIs give you new ways of doing these same detections,

http://www.davidgyoungtech.com/2017/08/07/beacon-detection-with-android-8

2 Likes

Would different bluetooth module help?

The proper module works with Android 8.0+. I’m running one on Android P right now.

HM-10 Transparent Serial Port Bluetooth 4.0 Modules Bluetooth Serial Port With Logic Level Transformation

1 Like

There you go. The module is at fault, not Android 8

Problem solved !, I could not connect to my HM-10 with my Pixel or Nexus 5 running on Android 8.0, I ordered the Bluetooth 4.0 Modules, and now it works like a charm.

HM10 not compatible with Android 8.0 HM-10

Bluetooth 4.0 0

1 Like

Link plz.

(10c)

Here is the link of the Bluetooth 4.0, it will work with Android 8.0 and above.

IT WORKS!

But not on Android Oreo. I have Android 9.0 Pie Open Beta installed on my OnePlus 6. It’s not flawless. You have to manually resize the tiles and the red/green connection icon is invisible/below tabbar.

I have to further test it but it seems to work with reading values and stuff

EDIT: red/green connection icon had to reset itself I guess. Restarting Metr fixed it.

Screenshot_20180914-093117

1 Like

Hello anyone know what I’m doing wrong I bought this of banggood

the hm10 clones, which is probably what u have, do not work with android Oreo

https://blog.yavilevich.com/2018/04/should-you-throw-away-your-cc41-hm-10-clones-now-that-android-8-is-here/

if u got an early model hm10, make sure tx and rx are crossed

Do we know if the clones work on Android Pie?

Pretty sure it’s a firmware thing so… Roll the dice and see what happens?

I wonder if he knows how much a build like that will actually end up costing though. I hope you didn’t recommend more than 10s to him