| Blank Drop-Down Deck | Psychotiller's Altar Wedge | Psychotiller's 10s5p 30Q | Dual Focbox | Dual TB 6355 190kv | Caliber II 44

Hi guys! First timer here from San Diego, CA! I got into e-boarding mostly because I made the move closer to my Uni and wanted to save gas, tires, mileage, and maintenance on my car as it is quite expensive… Plus, I have one more year until I graduate, so this ultimately was a great financial decision as I fill gas ~$250 every month and having a cheap board for a year? No question! So first board I bought was a Verreal F1 hub motor! Loved it, almost died several times on the cheap trucks and bushings they provided, switched to Paris trucks, loved it, then realize I want more comfortability in thick wheels, better torque, faster top speed, better battery, and a more modular board. 00000IMG_00000_BURST20181211162712596_COVER This board has a 10s2p Tesla battery. I ride this almost everyday not only to the bus stops and beyond, but to get groceries, food, work, etc. So my car is basically a garage/driveway queen at this point. Love the damn thing, but after about 3 months, the range has definitely ate it. Either that, or it’s the cold weather that’s causing the battery to become sluggish.

Anyway, this is where it starts!

Deck: Blank Drop-Down (reminiscent of the famous LY Evo) skateshred Trucks: 44° Caliber Wheels: Abec 11 x Evolve F1 (107mm/74a) & Caguama Blues (85mm/77a) Wheel Kit: TB 36T Abec Drive kit & TB 36T Kegel Drive kit Motor: 2x TB 6355 190KV Motor Mounts: @Boardnamics Caliber II with Idler Tensioner buy it here VESC: 2x Enertion FOCBOX Battery: @psychotiller 10s5p w/ Altar Wedge enclosure Remote: Enertion Nano-X Switch: XT90S Loop Key (in progress) Hardware:

• 1.75" & 1" Skate hardware with nylon nuts. (This way, I won’t have to worry too much about aesthetics and just start running the board)
  • 1/2" risers

Extra:

• @JLabs bluetooth module (don’t really know if I’m going to use this)
  • Battery tester IMG_20181211_162301 00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20181211162415597_COVER IMG_20181211_162540

Why 2 wheels? I want to slide on my Caguamas, but also have the comfort and clearance from the 107. Plus, I got the 107 with bearings for only $2 more than brand new Caguamas! I figured, why not? :stuck_out_tongue: (That’s $70 bucks btw)

The only thing I need is @Boardnamics motor mounts which I’ll be picking up locally, @psychotiller battery + enclosure, and XT90S for that loop key.

SO CLOSEEEE. I’ll continue to update as soon as my finals are over :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Where’d you get the deal on the wheels?

I got it from OfferUp app. I usually just peruse around the app, and search random things I want and on the off chance, the Abec 11s came up! I suggest if you want to find deals, definitely look on selling platforms like this (OfferUp, Letgo, Craigslist, etc.)

1 Like

Nice build. The verreal will be a distant noob memory. Like the snide evo too. Might think about wedging the rear to get it closer to the original. That will actually help if you want to go forward mount.

1 Like

I actually went with reverse mount because #aesthetic. Honestly, boards reminded me of Jim Hawkins from Treasure Planet and his rocket board. Loved the cartoon as a kid and always wanted a board like this :joy: Image result for treasure planet rocket

2 Likes

001 like this. .IMG_1053 or this.

6 Likes

yesssssss. wait is this what they call “forward mount”? That’s beautiful af :heart_eyes:

1 Like

No my friend its reverse.

Oh okay :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: Yes, reverse mount is what I’m loving atm.

1 Like

Picked up my motor mounts from @Boardnamics in SD. :star_struck: Surprised how light these mounts are and the setup was way too easy with all the hardware he provided and belts! I hate going shopping for hardware tbh, so I’m glad these came with the order. Price for these is heaven sent. I should be studying now, but I got too excited and started setting up lmaooo.

I read that running our abec 107s will have problems with his motor mounts w/ idlers and I tried to figure a way to fix this by running a single bearing on each bolt. So far, no belt slipping :stuck_out_tongue: Don’t know what this will cause in the long run. Does anyone know? Premature belt breakage?

When running 2 bearings, the second and the head of the bolt obstructs the wheel. Hiding the 2nd bearing behind the wheel by adjusting the motor mount caused my 6355 motors to touch. On top of that, the belts were looser. Anyways, pics! IMG_20181212_171715

IMG_20181212_230919 IMG_20181212_222016 IMG_20181212_230724

6 Likes

Hey man ! Nice build !! Do you have any picture with the enclosure on it ??