Bestech HCX-D596 - The new 80A BMS - wiring

A bms only balance charges when it is charging. There is no other balancing. Most seem to start balance charging at around 4.18 volts.

Mind you not all bms apparently balance charge either. Be sure to check that yours does if it is what you want.

1 Like

Just to clear things.

So talking about the Bestech D596 it will only balance when a charger is connected. Not when regen current is passed back through it. This means the regen current will go back into the batteries with no balance just as a standard charge.

Yeah that’s right.

afiak this explaination (which i was too lazy to write myself so cut and pasted) is correct: balancing usually starts when the charger stops. For a pack with a BMS, balancing is handled by the BMS, not the charger. So when the first cell group reaches full, the BMS cuts off the charger and drains the highest cell group(s) slowly using its onboard resistors. Once its lower, it allows the charger to turn back on. It repeats until all cell groups are full.

1 Like

Please don’t post the question everywhere. I’m sure someone with experience regarding that bms will help you on your other thread. :slight_smile:

As seeing here om my bestech BMS / charge

Sorry to dig this thread up. I have the 12s 80amp version. Somebody here in the thread got 27v on the load output. I got 6,7v on my xt90 plug when they bms is turned of. How, why? :grin: Can’t wrap my head around it. Thx!

@Eboosted Hey hoping you can help me out. My bms fried. I had the 223v1 which had 12 leads now i have 13 w this new bms. I cant figure out what to do with extra lead. I ordered a replacement for original and aps sent me the wrong one a d596b.

1 Like

The answer is b-/b0 on the d596 needs to loop back to the battery 1 balance lead if u cant get there solder it onto the b- contact on pcb. The “older” pcb boards had internal wire running which is why b0/b- was not utilized. Horsesh*t.

1 Like