Bestech BMS switch- necessary to wire?

Should it be momentary or latching switch?

Edit: I found @mmaner post suggesting that it is latching one.

2 Likes

So is it an okay idea to just Solder these wires together and then use a antispark switch elsewhere? Or should an antispark switch be used to connect the wires?

It’s not a good idea to solder the E-switch wires together because the E-switch also serves as a reset switch when the bms goes into protection mode. There is no need for an antispark switch with this bms

3 Likes

Question, putting everything together right now, but how do you turn the BMS on/off? I understand that the wires must be together during both charging and discharging, but so you disconnect them during storage?

I didn’t realise this, I bought an anti-spark switch so now it’s just lying around for my next build.

I use a latching push button switch with external LEDs (https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/rolling-fortress-lacroix-prototipo-dual-focbox-6374-diy-mbs-geared-drive-12s4p/59021)

1 Like

Use a latching on/off switch connected to the 2 white wires.

Your board looks amazing! Nice job👍

So the e-switch wire from bms are not +/- , just connect them to the switch that has 2 pin, just like that?

yes you are correct

2 Likes

Also, any 12v automotive switch will work as long as it is not a momentary switch.

A toggle switch will work and a Latching push button switch will work.

1 Like

Is it an anti-spark of sorts of would it be advisable to solder those two wires together and put an anti-spark in the build?

I think this will work, it’s waterproof, but the size…

Where is it i can buy that switch?

Hi wonder if anybody can help me.

Trying to work out where on the Bestech 10S BMS i wire the eswitch, 15625193989355264262873033711855

Is it the connectors next to B- labelled D4, D5 or somewhere else.

There are two white wires that go from there check the image: image

If they are joined it is ON. Just use whatever switch you would like.

So the 2 white wires that are attached to the heat sink, i plugged the thing in and it seems to be on, so i need to detach them and link them to a switch?

Using a multimeter you can see if current travels between B- and C- or P- and verify that those wires are indeed the switch. Just use a JST plug and put a on/off switch. image

I think that 2wires goes to temperature sensor which is attached to the heatsink. He need to find another switch wires.

I have the exact same BMS and on mine the two wires come from the heatsink and go down that hole and out the side as this picture:

1 Like

Yea that one. image