Best Hub Motor Options?

It’s a metaphor. Besides you wouldn’t be able to see it yet because I have inteligence on ford. But yes they are developing a direct drive much like the 911 by Porsche. The reason you can’t find ford’s models yet is because that is the direction that ford is heading towards.

@curtis Ford Mustang ev. Are you saying motor in wheel or motor pushing drive axel to wheel.

No and no. We are talking about a car here right? I’m no expert on ev’s but I think they have motors for each of the wheels. I was saying that in the future ford is going to come out with an ev similar to Tesla no gas. But, to make it even simpler, a comparison would be a Ferrari being the belt drive and the Tesla Direct drive. A Ferrari is much less efficient than a Tesla as Direct drive motors are more efficient.

Saying direct drive is more efficient is a generalization u can’t make and depends on the load. Tesla as an example I bothered to look up uses roughly 9:1. That’s not direct drive and they know what they’re doing. If they used a bigger motor it would be more efficient with less gearing until eventually it would be more efficient directly driven. The efficiency of direct drive coming from no gearing which is a slight loss. The reason direct drive is nice for skating is its simplicity, lack of maintenance and reliability

This! You claim to have inside info on this. Please elaborate on their program and drive system. Interested in how Ford is currently guiding the direction of the high performance ev market from a company who has one crappy ev they dropped in 2018.

1 Like

Ford does not have any ev. As of now they have a HEV hybrid electric vehicle. In case you still don’t know that means it can take gas and electric. Ford is actually dropping most of their gas vehicles besides the mustang.

This is another vehicle but strangely describes direct drive this way: “The torque doesn’t hit the wheels instantly despite the direct-drive system. The belt-driven gear reduction setup at the front wheels allows power to come on like a wave”

quote=“curtis, post:69, topic:22751”] Ford does not have any ev. [/quote]

12-18 focus electric. @curtis still curious about ford and their drive system. Doesn’t sound like you know very much about it. 2018 Ford Focus Electric https://g.co/kgs/WSHBXb

Ford does have an ev. Who would have guessed that. Ohh wait I did. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LLtaox9uh0

If you guys are interested in the most powerful hub motor board on the market, you can check out the Jetforce Interceptor lineup on www.ESK8NRW.de They are the fastest and highest range electric skateboards on the market.

The range that they boast for the battery size they have is unreasonable, 60km for a 12s4p :man_facepalming:

Uhh that claim would go to Kaly’s and LaCroix’s

For sure those aren’t the most powerful hub motors based on their size alone. Sure can do high speed or pretty high torque but high power most often means you can do that continuous high power without getting too hot.

1 Like

@AlanZhou power wise just compared with other hub motor skateboards ofc. Range wise it’s by far the highest on the market. It’s like 120-150km.

@Hummie we compared them to Meepo which are the most powerful hub motor skateboards we know. Meepo has a 10S2P battery with Lingyi 5.0 and 6.0 ESC. The Interceptor has 12S4-8P 21700 and a custom Lingyi 7.0. It has 8.4V and like 200A more power than the Meepo. No other hub motor skateboard comes near to the Interceptor.

1 Like