Bergmeister pneumatics, ready to ship at a special forum discount

So all other things being the same, by just changing the tires I should have the same ride quality with any hubs?

The biggest upgrade you can make to those wheels is the bearing, @ervinelin is on to something with that. Getting them out without a bearing press/extractor is interesting. You can use a vice and some ingenuity.

The wheel itself makes a difference from a balance and weight perspective, heavier will give you less torque and wobbly will vibrate and slow you down, not to mention it’ll chomp away at your belts if you are on belts.

That Ali wheel is really decent for the price though! Get some of those car wheel balance weights and put your wheel on the axel, spin it and balance it slowly until its smooth, that will go a long way. With that and a decent bearing upgrade they will feel like new wheels.

1 Like

Thanks a lot I will follow your advice. I might end up with balance weight all around the hub tho

@riverside.rider sorry about the off topic, that was inconsiderate of me to drag it for that long in your thread.

I agree, for the price u can’t complain… However the bearing upgrade can cost a fair bit (not standard skate bearing) and swapping the bearings was a real pain.

I had to hammer out the old bearing (some were rusty) then grind down the bearing seat because the replacement bearing refused to fit.

Also, one of the inner tubes came leaking too…

The hubs are also quite heavy so they affect the ride a bit. I also tried to balance them but never got them super well balanced.

So overall my impression of them was not good at all.

The Bergmeister wheels however are a totally different class in comparison…

2 Likes

My apologies as well. But you can continue this discussion on my build thread… here… the Mini Rolling Fortress

1 Like

Good morning @Tamatoa: last night I had a couple of guys from the taiwan/taipei esk8 squad at my place and we were discussing the bergmeister and on how to use it on different setups. They also brought along a rim from AliExpress…we tried to put the tire and tube from the bergmeister on and it worked perfectly. Now, I am not sure which rims from aliexpress you have. Do you have a picture of your rims?

2 Likes

It’s these ones Timo, I think it’s pretty much the only one widely available.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32846884214.html?pid=808_0000_0105&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32846884214&aff_trace_key=&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=1595amp-3a6CgGRJDTc12PMucrdjaQ1543970836835

1 Like

@riverside.rider

The wheels I have are those linked by @brenternet we refer to them as the “cheap ass aliexpress 6x2”

I think your tires should fit, this could be an easy upgrade until I can save enough to buy a set of good quality hubs like yours.

Need to take a ferry over and talk esk8 over a drink sometime!

2 Likes

Hi @brenternet: thanks for the link. yes, they are the ones we tested last night and they work with the Bergmeister tires.

3 Likes

yes that would be great! by the way on January 5th there will be a big skate group ride here in Taipei. I am pretty sure Metasurf would also take part. Will be great to get together. Lots of great work by the local riders here.

3 Likes

You tempt me… I’ll check and see if there’s any way I can come and bring a board too

Edit: apparently Taipei is further from shanghai than I thought… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

RenderedImage

I think this fit and finish of this Haggy kit cannot be bested for the price; the hardware is straight-up nicer even than the Boosted Stealth.

I’ll post pics of a build when I’m ready, but wow. What great bones this kit has.

Well done, Timo.

10 Likes

Come on buddy :stuck_out_tongue: i’ll be hauling a board from boston to join that group ride.

2 Likes

thanks @topcloud . there have been quite a few Bergmeister wheels sent out now and I am looking forward to some real life testing by all of you to see how they perform. After Chinese New Year we are trying out some different formula for the tire (and possibly colors) to see if there is any major improvement.

@Riako has done a great 60T pulley design for the Bergmeister to make it compatible with torqueboard’s sexy TB218. There are now some fine adjustments being made and I will update you once everything has been fully tested and is ready for download. I will also check to see if it is viable to have the TB218 compatible pulley CNC milled by the same company that does our heatsinks and Bergmeister rims.

9 Likes

I would love to have a CNC pulley to go along with the wheels! Especially if it has a support bearing

2 Likes

@riverside.rider don’t remeber if I aksed this already: will the hubs also work with the standard 6x2inch pneumatic aliexpress tires? I still have a couple of them lying around but would love to upgrade to your hubs and still be able to at least ride until they are worn out.

@Maxid: Hi Daniel. I have not tried the 6x2 inch pneumatics from aliexpress. I actually ordered a couple but they were delivered to my old address. I will only be able to tell you mid-January.

one thing that I can confirm is that our tire works with the 6x2 inch aliexpress hubs…but that does not necessarily mean that these tires fit our hubs…

perhaps @12meterkuk @Skunk @ervinelin @nuttyjeff @DilatedPupils can chime in to advise?

Ah damn you Timo. I thought I couldn’t be tempted by another product this year :expressionless:

4 Likes