Behind the Scenes | Raptor Electric Skateboard Production Process

Hello I try to answer some of your questions even if I´m a noob. In my case the space cell came with the charger included and pre charged. I don’t want to scare you but when your Space cell isn’t able to power on you could have a faulty one. I have heard from a guy in this forum who had a faulty switch and the battery wasn’t able to stay on. Maybe you can press the button for some time and see if it powers on. When it doesn’t power on something is damaged and you have to troubleshoot. The space cell should always be able to power on even when the display shows 0% the pack still has 36 volt left. What I mean is that the display should work everytime. Btw. Have you checked the fuse? The fast charger is bigger. An alternative charger should have 48 Volt and some amps (more is better but max. 5A I think). If you know somebody with an e-bike maybe he can help you. I think the power cord is always the same (maybe china) but easy to replace. Just grab a old notebook charger and unplug the cable from the brick. Even if I like the treadmill idea I don’t think it’ll work because your circuit (motor, esc, space cell) looks like its not closed. I wish you luck and hope its just a broken fuse so you can ride later.

1 Like

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it. I knew I had a problem, not having a charger. I didn’t know my battery might be so messed up. I’m headed out the door in a few minutes, but I will hold the button down for some length later and report the results. I’m hoping to Skype with @onloop later. I’m sure we will get it all worked out. I wish I was riding today… I’m sure the wait will be worth it though.

Do you have both chargers? Did both come with your battery? Did I understand correctly that they both come with the wrong cable (for Switzerland) but use the same one?

Again, thank you very much for the information.

I only have the SLOW charger so I can’t answer that. But I think both come with the wrong cable. I know that Howser lives in Swiss too maybe you can visit him for a charge or borrow the slow charger. You should check the fuse. Fingers crossed :wink: I’m happy that I could help. Edit: The fuse doesn’t matter while charging.

I received a charger with my battery, but I have no idea which one it is. I ordered the fast charger, and I assumed it was in addition to the slow charger, so what arrived with the battery could be either one (my intent was to have 1 at work and 1 at home). My battery did arrive almost completely charged (92%). I was able to charge it to 100% using the charger that came with.

1 Like

the unpacking video i did was on a space cell with the “slow” charger. I’m not really sure why they call it the “slow” charger, its still faster than my outboard 6S “fast charger”, but i guess its slower than the “fast charger” for the space cell. My board is always charged by the time i’m ready to ride it again. it never takes more than 2.5 hours, and after riding for an hour and half, i’m usually the one that’s not ready to ride again yet.

1 Like

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Enertion Raptor | First Batch Problems & Solutions

I’m glad to hear I wasn’t the only one expecting both the fast and normal charges when adding on the fast charger. Does your charger have a fan built into it? Is it built from plastic or metal? My understanding is the normal charger is fan-less and made of plastic while the fast charger has a fan and is made of metal. There are a couple of unboxing videos on YouTube that show the battery arriving with the normal charger. I assume you haven’t received your raptor yet. When you do, if it hasn’t already been made clear here, would you mind letting us know if the fast charger came with your Raptor?

The charger I received with my battery is definitely metal and definitely has a fan. I think I saw one battery unboxing video, but I don’t recall seeing the charger, so hence my confusion. Sounds like I have the fast charger. If the other charger does not ship with my board I guess I’ll need to get one.

1 Like

@Tarzan FYI I have held the button down now for exactly 5 minutes. I seemed like quite a long time. The LCD display never came on. The button seems to have two positions. I’m feel like the position that leaves it stuck in and slightly more depressed is the “on” position, and the position that leaves it looking more flush with the battery in the “off” position. Is that correct? It is kind of hard to tell from the videos I’ve seen.

Edit: I know you said it doesn’t matter, just FYI, my fuse is fully intact with no signs of damage.

Hi Thom,

I am really glad the raptor arrived safely. Nice video too! It’s so cool to see someone unpack something that took months and months of work to produce.

Its VERY odd that you didn’t get a charger in the box… Every space cell comes with a charger, if you paid to get a fast charger you get one that is made with aluminium and has a fan. But you should only get one charger never two because you paid an upgrade fee.

Did the box look opened at all before you got it? I doubt customs would remove an item without notifying you first… but who knows what customs get up to behind the scenes.

Anyway ill ship you a fast charger express today. I probably don’t have a EURO power cable to send though. So you might be able to get one from another appliance for the short term.

In terms of the battery not turning on, it might just want to be plugged in & charged. But otherwise it is probably a fault. I had one other customer with the exact same issue. Would not turn on out of the box. It terms of resolving this issue i need some time. My battery factory is in china and they are on the new years holiday now. Probably in a week i can get some answers about the battery issues.

Do not plug in any other charger.

If i didn’t answer all your questions please email me [email protected]

I will be discussing the wrong cable problem with my factory… this has only started happening recently… they never use to make this mistake. the last batch all came with Australian ones… not really good enough!

If you buy the correct one we will credit you.

If you paid a fee of $78, this upgrades from the standard charger to the fast charger.

However if you pay $129 separately for the fast charger then you get two of them.

Perhaps the website is a bit misleading, ill see if i can change the wording to make it clearer.

1 Like

OK. I’m glad it arrived safely too. (I plan to post in another thread about it arriving, shortly.) I will not use any other charger. I will wait to do anything until the new charger arrives. When it arrives, unless directed by you to do otherwise, I will plug it in and attempt to charge the battery and report the results to you.

My battery shipping box didn’t seem notably tampered with. I didn’t realize it was my S.P.A.C.E cell battery before I opened it as no one had yet posted information about them having arrived yet. Also, if I remember correctly it was shipped from Austria (right next door) and I expected it to be shipped from Australia. Anyhow, there was no information indicating a customs seizure or even inspection. I remember the box looking a bit rough, but not notably damaged or re-taped. If I had noticed anything odd, I think I would remember. That said, I did think it was strange that there wasn’t a charger when the videos I had seen online showed the battery coming with a charger. At that time I decided that you said batteries (not charges specifically) were being shipped separately so a charger was likely to arrive with the Raptor itself, later.

I honestly thought I would be getting 2 chargers in total, both the normal and the fast. I was certian at least one of these would be in my Raptor box when nothing arrived with my battery. You now say I “should only get one charger never two because you paid an upgrade fee.” My order said “Buy & Save 64% Now Only: 4 Spare Belts - Was $67.85 Now $23.95, Buy & Save 40% Now Only: FAST CHARGER - Was $129 Now $78” This reflects the same thing that is currently shown on your website. It does not say upgrade or “upgrade fee” anywhere. It does say “Set & Forget 3 hour rapid-safe charger” in the product description. “Was $129 Now $78” dosn’t imply an upgrade fee for normal to fast charger it implies a discount on a fast charger. I’m certain I wasn’t the only one thinking this as indicated by @Xusia and possibly @RaptorCustomer

I have some questions that are specific to me alone, for those I will email you. I have other question that could potentially benefit others too, so I will ask them here.

In the event that you aren’t willing to provide the normal charger and the fast charger are you willing to sell the normal charger? The difference between usual fast charger price of $129 and the price I paid is $51. You where offering the board at a 10% discount at the time. $51 less 10% is $45.90. That amount ($45.90) would have been the amount I would have paid for the normal charger in you “upgrade fee” scenario, right? Maybe not, maybe its just the $51. In either case, would you be willing to sell the normal charger to me and other Raptor owners who didn’t understand they paid an “upgrade fee” (and not for a discounted fast charger) for $51, $45.90, or another lesser amount? I think that would be reasonable all things considered. As it stands I have no way to get a normal charger other than buying another complete raptor. I would really like to have the smaller and lighter normal charger for transport when needed.

1 Like

54 posts were split to a new topic: Enertion Raptor | First Batch Problems & Solutions

The board arrived yesterday and after I ripped it out of the package, threw the battery in as quick as possible and rushed out the door to test it out I am happy to say it works perfectly! I was so impressed by the speed, power, and the durable feeling it has. I’ve previously owned a Yuneec and ridden a metroboard, they aren’t even comparable or on the same level! I would say this product even beats out a Boosted board from what my friend tells me about it (fast and good design, but low range). Doesn’t seem like there’s anything this durable, fast, and long lasting out on the market. In one day probably less than 10 miles of riding I got 3 compliments and Whoa what is that?!s. California just legalized electric skateboards and this product could kill the competition, especially in LA/SF. Much love for the great product and all the upgrades like the elegant/simple controller, the handle, and the scratch pad on the tail. Got a better product than I expected and I expected the best. Thanks again Enertion is the shit, keep up the great work!

4 Likes

want to see a raptor take on a boosted board?

so what problems exactly did you receive with the wii nunchuck remote?

It didn’t work well for many reasons, throttle sticking down, throttle none responsive, unexpected accelerating, delayed response. No/dropped connection & no ability to operate two units at the same time.

This is a deal breaker.

visit the webpage . raptor sold out it says . pre order available .

wow !

missed opportunity .