Battery Selection based on Motor

You should always balance charge every time. You will have to charge your packs one at a time with that charger. Parallel charging is possible but requires extra care and is not optimal. And I would not recommend parallel charging Lipos.

@Namasaki will do - I’ll charge one at a time, and then check the charge on each to make sure they’re at the approximately the same level? Very new to everything, thank you for bearing with me :slight_smile:

read charger instructions thoroughly. You will need to set balance charge limits. End Voltage: no more than 4.2v for full charge. 4.0v is recommended by some for battery longevity. (another key to Lipo longevity is never discharge them below 3.4v per cel) Mah cut off should be set to match your battery’s capacity i.e.: 5000mah Then the charger will automatically balance charge your battery to full and stop. Still, when charging Lipos, always monitor them. Never put them on charge and go to bed or leave the house. Best to get a Lipo fire safe bag to put them in when charging and when storing them. https://www.amazon.com/Teenitor-Fireproof-Explosionproof-Battery-Storage/dp/B00Z8WG11W/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1474333079&sr=8-7&keywords=lipo+fireproof+bag

@Namasaki thank you!!! it looks like hobby king is out of the 5000 mAh 4S Lipo’s, but I’ll check in a couple days and buy them - thank you so much for the help!!! Also getting some XT-90 anti spark plugs for the positive line. Should be a fantastic build! Love this community’s support.

Which one are you looking at? I see a few 5A 4S in stock.

It looked like they had been on back order @popopopop Do you have a link?

I think you were looking at the 30c batteries which are on backorder.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=58983 http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=58763

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue: 1010100101

You have to try different warehouses. Also very important: Don’t go to their site and buy right off. Sit there and look at the battery you want until they pop up a window offering you an extra discount. They almost always do. Tip 2: Set up your login account with them before ordering anything and always log in before ordering. I tried to order as a guest one time and it was a mess! I couldn’t track my order and they couldn’t track it either!!! Also, 25C is good, 125a continuous discharge. But if you can afford to get batteries with higher discharge, higher is better. Higher C rated batteries will suffer less voltage sag and will tend to have lower internal resistance making them more efficient and less prone to heating up.

1 Like

@roamin 8S with that motor and VESC works perfectly. I use this exact config.

1 Like

@treenutter What’s your config like for the BLDC Tool?

also it takes the same time charging both batterys with a parallel board or just one at a time. so much better to charge one and monitor your battery with correct balance charging :slight_smile: 8s on 245kv with vesc will put you some crazy smiles on your face, also it will run really efficiant. have fun bro :monkey:

Check out miami boards hes got a really nice 18650 battery pack for a really good price