Battery problem **

Also I’d unplug the BMS too until you know what’s wrong

Who made this pack?!

I did about 1 month ago

Disconnect the bms and check the voltage of each p group as mentioned above.

Did you spot weld or solder the nickel strips onto the pack?

The series connections look under built. Esp considering I’m guessing that’s nickel plated steel as I’ve never seen true 100% nickel sold in that format. And I looked for a long fricken time.

I inserted each cell into a 18650 holder and soldered onto it to avoid heating batteries.

Should I double it up?

Get rid of the battery holder’s they aren’t designed to handle the currents or vibrations. All that being said taking a closer look at your pictures it looks like on your bms the bottom most mosfet is fried the pins look a little scorched and I’m guessing something shorted when you where taking off the enclosure.

1 Like

The heat will travel from the nickel onto the cell unless you’re soldering before attaching to the cell.

Regardless, get yourself a spot welder, they’re not terribly expensive and you’ll save yourself a lot of headache. Don’t solder directly onto the cell. And yes, get rid of those cell holders.

Okay, I have a new BMS already on its was to replace that one. Going to get rid of those holders and get myself a spot welder. Any you prefer?

Is there a spot welder that you prefer or found works well

The “boss” … Easy to use amd smaller than a sunko which has its own issues and requirements

1 Like

Do you have a link?

Did you mean the battery it self venting? The 18650 wasn’t releasing anything but it was the connection between the battery casing and the nickel strip that was the reason small sparks where occuring

Until you knew what, that’s what I meant.

2 Likes

Oh gotcha. I’ve just now completely dismantled the whole pack and put each battery in one of those plastic 18650 cases. Going to see if someone locally can spot weld it together for me or look into doing it myself. Thanks for the quick response though really, really appreciate it :slight_smile:

1 Like

UPDATE!

Turns out the BMS was completely f*cked. Not sure what these little guys are but they’re burnt. I have a new BMS in transit but I’m super glad the batteries where not the responsible party here (or so it seems). I’ve completed dismantled the whole pack and am waiting to see if I can get someone to spot weld a new pack together for me, or alternatively buying one myself. THANK YOU for all you quick responses and safety measures. Really appreciate all of it. Hopefully the battery will be back sooner than later.15342186028498772804473835539753 15342187773703818267894054229370

Where u located? I’m on the verge of starting to offer my services and feeling confident in my spot welding and battery assembly skills if interested.

I’ll send you a pm