Battery Backpack Chiboards Style

Okay got it. Thanks for the idea, im going that route instead of the AC inverter. Itll also make for a mobile psu.

Question, what if my 12s battery is fully charged and i have a 12s battery which is nearly dead. Should be fine in that case right

That’ll work just set output lower than the full pack voltage

1 Like

Thanks, I woudlnt mind the boost converter but I want something that can supply 15 amps like the buck converter

Edit: I may just get the boost converter anyway

I doubt you’ll need more than the boost can do if just charging other boards, can still do 5a charge easily

1 Like

Battery is nearly done, I added the power supply and display. I still need to water proof everything and insulate it all a bit better. Still so much to do. All of the wiring is the next step

Everything is under 15lbs. Feels good wearing it.

17 Likes

Looking good! Very clean. That thing is pretty awesome

Looks awesome…Now go to a crowded area and see how long it take before someone calls the cops. Hahaha

1 Like

Hahah don’t tel me that. It doesn’t look Bomb-y does it?

Thanks man!

Wanna see bomby?

That’ll be covered for sure… lol

8 Likes

LMFAO! Good call dude.

This looks awesome @barajabali! Great job!

1 Like

Thanks man!

The world is full of paranoid people. Would be hilarious if someone tackled you

From the back it sort of looks like space suit accessory… not sure what its purpose might be but non the less, looks space-ish :slight_smile:

I’ll just get away with my 85 miles range

2 Likes

Looks clean to me. Impressive work man!

1 Like

This is a very cool idea- and so far quite professionally executed. Something that came to mind while I was reading through all of this was an idea for how to get power to the board. It sounds a little far fetched and it is quite a bit more complicated than just running a wire from your pack to the board. OK so what I was thinking was perhaps there is a way of creating a system similar to a ski boot- having a means of clicking into the board and having the connection made (you would have to run a cable down to the shoe/boot) but then, if you had to step off quickly or if you got in a crash, the shoe could disconnect from the board, helping you prevent injury. This would probably mean a dedicated pair of shoes for riding the board, but it could be a way of connecting everything that doesn’t completely tie you onto the board. Anyways, that’s just a thought. Unrealistic, but I thought it was interesting to think about.

3 Likes

Inductive charging boot/board interface? Hmm…interesting.

1 Like

Thank you!