Battery Amps low at acceleration, slow acceleration

I do have the firmware on my harddrive though I thought that is for when you wanna do something crazy :slight_smile: would have to look into that. Thanks for all the advice man, much appreciated.

1 Like

please be careful when using the no limits if you do, your vesc is placed in ā€˜manualā€™ mode, you control everything. make sure to put the batt and motor amps lower for the first ride, just so you dont have it take off from under you :joy:

1 Like

70 amps might be too much for 6355 motors, stator might get overload and efficiency might be lost. Unfortunately, for more torque you need bigger motors (6374 for example), adequate gear ratio for torque, and high C discharge batteryā€¦ Also a good quality Esc to push more amps. Just my thoughtsā€¦

Ok so my story short. After almost crashing at 50 km/h yesterday after going back from ackmaniackā€™s fw to the regular amp control default vesc fw and being so freaking lucky I went straight back to ackmaniacā€™s firmware. Now the amps are a little higher and reaching almost their limits so it seems to be fine. Also first time ever I played with the ramping time and let me say, why isnā€™t it mentioned everywhere that lowering the positive ramping time is the equivalent of ā€œdoublingā€ your acceleration? Itā€™s crazy, literally I canā€™t believe what change from 0,3s to 0,2s did. It has crazy accel now, donā€™t need bigger motors. Glad I tried that. So cheers to ramping time!Though it might be obvious to some, the ramping time does crazy miracles. Thanks everyone

2 Likes

Thatā€™s why I asked about the ramping, if they are high you wonā€™t see peak current in most situations

1 Like

Yeah, you had a good question :slight_smile: Thatā€™s the infoā€¦ You might not hit peak current as you go higher with the ramping timeā€¦ All about the ramping timeā€¦ thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like