Basic Pneumatic Board | Skateshred 41" Drop-Down | TB 218 | FS 6374 | TB 63mm Reverse | 10S4P N.E.S.E with DieBieMS | FSESC 6.6 | 6x2 Aliexpress Pneumatic Wheel

@mishrasubhransu was gonna point out one thing. The way you printed your module holders is not ideal unless they hold well. @banjaxxed printed them vertical and that is far better orientation for strength in the direction you need them to be . Its tricky orientation to get printed well but you can get those solid CAD supports in.

@agniusm, I always printed them vertically and ask others to do the same. :smiley: Check here:

Oh, right. The first one you did was printed in other orientation and i assumed to early that they all were. My bad :slight_smile:

Anyone wants this? Send me $4 for shipping and address. IMG_20190125_110629

4 Likes

Time to make things prettier and waterproof. IMG_20190201_150250

7 Likes

Nice build dude! I used the same deck for my lavaboard build

2 Likes

Are you planning on releasing the STL files? :slight_smile:

Absolutely. Which ones do you need? I already posted a link to thingivere above.

Feel free to ask me for files of my projects.

1 Like

Would you be able to make a 2p variant? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Of what? I am not getting which part you are referring to.

1 Like

Oh sorry my fault… I think I read somewhere that those nese modules where custom designed and that they were 2s8p so my question was if you could design a 2p variant. :slight_smile:

@agniusm already has the files for 2p modules or 2s2p modules(not sure which one you want) at http://18650.lt/index.php/resources/.

He’s also testing some new box design to make sure there is increased distance between cells not a part of the same P group.(basically more distance between middle 2 cells)

He doesn’t offer more than 2s4p/4p+4p because the box can’t hold a compression. But I made a custom that can go up to 8p+8p because I use a thick divider in between and hence nicely maintains compression.

1 Like

Did you design those small mounting brackets? :slight_smile: Or where can I find them?

I’ll put them on thingivere and post link in a couple of hours.

2 Likes

Three major things done.

1. Conformal coatings on DieBieMS and FSESC6.6s. a. Make the circuit boards water proof as another line of defence against water b. Almost waterproof because of connectors. One could solder directly to the pins and then put conformal coating for making it 100% waterproof. c. I took the heat sink off, cleaned it nicely with rubbing alcohol and a tooth brush, sprayed some more alcohol for a final rinse. Let it dry and then put the coating while regularly inspecting with UV light
  2. Painting the pulley covers and motor guards a. coarse sanding -> filler primer -> med wet sanding -> filler primer -> fine wet sanding -> paint -> top coat(optional) b. Surface finish is nice but should have used bondo to make surface uniform first. Filler primer is only for tiny gaps and imperfections. c. I used a top coat that made it semi glossy, good that the paint will last but bad because I like the matte finish of the primer better.
  3. Sealing the insert holes with epoxy a. My insert holes went all the way through to the top, this caused water to seep inside the enclosure from the top when riding in rain. b. sealed it with some epoxy. Will put some primer and then try to match the board color.

Here are some pics IMG_20190207_012642 IMG_20190207_032913 IMG_20190207_034615 IMG_20190207_045015 IMG_20190207_050942

7 Likes

Simulated updates coming to life soon. Just some shoes that I found online, they are not the updates I am talking about. with_mud_guards with_mud_guards2

6 Likes

IMG_20190212_012733 IMG_20190213_225803 IMG_20190214_194436 IMG_20190214_200619 IMG_20190214_222158

The wheel guards outer diameter didn’t take into account the fact that it’s a 158mm wheel after inflation(and not 150mm as they are marketed), so makes a small scraping sound. My printer is down, will print new wheel guards then.

12 Likes

Sure blame the guards. It’s not like you printed them.

Haha. Not just printed them, but designed them. I was basically saying that I didn’t take into account the diameter when filled with air, while designing the guards.

1 Like

So have been riding in light rain and so far no water inside. My approach was 2 fold.

1. use a thick grease that acts as a seal
  2. hot glue the edges.

I opened it after the third time riding in rain and didn’t find a drop inside. My plan is to check for water in enclosure using a humidity sensor. I think I can interface one with DieBieMS. @JTAG, does it already have a humidity sensor? I saw something in the DieBieMS tool. A quick search gave me this

IMG_20190218_012828 IMG_20190218_011230 thick grease image hot glue on the edge. Easily removed by spraying isopropyl alcohol.

3 Likes