"Bankrupt" (BUILDING!)/SINGLE BELT DRIVE/10S6P 18AH 30Q/VESC/ROYCE PRO/$1850

Ready for the first ever test ride :smile: :+1:

IMG_3592

IMG_3594

7 Likes

Looks totally safe XD

2 Likes

First test went pretty good. I’m gonna go do a longer test really soon. Is it normal for the TB vesc to make a beep sound when brakeing? See video below.

1 Like

First real test ride over. Pretty fucking fun and worth all the time I’ve spent. I rode 7km and still had 94% battery left! I got to 41km/h but I’m not sure how accurate it is. Definitely didn’t feel like 41 more like 30. Wh/km was around 9wh. Great!

I got an error the the Xmatic app when trying to save my ride so it didn’t save.

The trucks are pretty tight but I am still able to make sharp turns. I also have the kick tail. I didn’t get any speed wobbles and felt really safe and secure on the board. Also going 41. Much better than my old board.

After my ride the motor pulley had moved a bit so it made a clicking sound. It also started cutting in to the motor mount. Fixed it pretty easy by cleaning the pulley and screwing it back again with lots of loctite.

IMG_3597

IMG_3598

Tightened all the screws. The only one that was loose was the trucks.

edit: Ohh yea. Nothing fell off even though it doesn’t look safe.

6 Likes

I won’t be able to mount the enclosure within the next few weeks so I decided to make it a bit nicer. I actually think it’s waterproof :+1: (not gonna test it :joy:)

IMG_3600 IMG_3601 IMG_3602

4 Likes

UPDATE #52

Took the board for another ride to go and pickup a package. Wow! It’s so much fun. I totally forgot the feeling of riding an electric skateboard. Also the reaction from people. A car honked at me and some kids were just staring at me. There was also this smaller girl that yelled something at me I couldn’t hear.

IMG_3609

I went over a lot of bumps and a few bad roads that made a lot of vibrations. When I came home, I opened the enclosure and everything still looked good. Only thing that had moved around was the actual enclosure because it was not mounted that well.

IMG_3605

The package contained the epoxy from Hobbyking. I also ordered some LED strips that I will be putting inside the epoxy so I get some really cool light effects. Thanks for mentioning that idea in the “epoxy thread” @squishy654

IMG_3606

IMG_3608

Thanks for reading till the end!

5 Likes

Will you do a final pricing post?

1 Like

Yes :slight_smile: I will do one including all the tools I bought and then another one with only the parts used to build the board :slight_smile:

UPDATE #53

Hi again everyone!

I have been playing around with the LED srips and the front and rear light. I have also removed the paint on the deck where the epoxy will be.

https://youtu.be/YQEoTFeyvVo

IMG_3695

Then I made the support for the epoxy but after a day it somehow had got fucked up. Had to remove it again because it would leak epoxy…

Before: IMG_3699

IMG_3697

IMG_3698

After: IMG_3703

IMG_3705

Then I removed it… IMG_3704

I also need some way to turn on/off my lights and since I don’t have a fancy app or some cool way of doing it, is the only way buttons.

Made some more holes in my enclosure and added the buttons IMG_3702

The front and rear light IMG_3709

I ordered some new bolts from AliExpress and since they probably won’t show up within the next couple of weeks and I really wanna get out riding, did I decide to “finish” the board. I can now ride the board and I don’t expect to get it 100% done within the next months unless the weather is really bad because I’m lazy AF and hate working with epoxy.

I will make a full pricing with tools, shipping, taxes etc. when I get bored.

Wait a second… I can’t ride my board yet. I got some new bushings for Christmas but only enough for one of the trucks. I ordered some for the other truck and will have them on the 2. January 2019. THEN I WILL FINALLY BE ABLE TO RIDE!!! (if the weather is good)

Enjoy the pics and happy New Years in two/three days!

Bushings:

• RipTide KranK Canon 87A (front and rear
  • RipTide Pivot Cups 96A (Caliber II) (front and rear)
  • flat washer front and round washer bottom Will do an update on how they feel when I get out riding. And thanks for helping me find the right bushings @Alphamail! IMG_3707

(don’t know how I managed to fit everything in the enclosure) IMG_3721

(It was at this moment I realized the board drove backwards and had to remove the tape and do it all over again :expressionless:) IMG_3723

IMG_3724

(Made the board go forward and here it is “finished”) IMG_3726

3 Likes

The board is looking good

2 Likes

@legend27 what lights are those

What are you referring to? :thinking:

i think he means the “led sign” ones on the first or second pic.

@dg798 @tardyparty7

Ahhhh… that’s the switch for the "F"ront light, “LED” light and "R"ear light.

The actual led lights

1 Like

I am also looking for the front light… This is the back light I think…Rear light

@dg798 ahhh, you wrote “lights” not signs :joy:

• LED lights (don’t know if I would recommend them. Had some issues with mine showing the wrong color. Ended up resoldering the strip and now they work just fine. You need to wire them like this to show the right color |> - 12+ R - R G - B B - G W - W

(controller - strip)

@pjotr47 Exactly. This (14 led) is the rear light I am using. Wouldn’t really recommend it though, since it feels really cheap, not very waterproof and not very robust. The front light I am using is this (spot version). It feels much more robust and waterproof since its made out of some kind of metal/aluminium. Would defenitly recommend it, but its a PITA to mount it. I used some double sided tape but down known how long it will last. Im planning to mount it with some epoxy.

2 Likes

Thanks man!

1 Like

Forgot to mention that I got the waterproof RGBW strip. You will also need some switches to turn on/off the lights.

Just to be the 300th post :slight_smile:

3 Likes