Ballerina Badass Board - DIY Build First timer

Hey community,

My name is Ryan and I am a first time builder of an E Board. I am open to any suggestions or help and have a tough skin so feel free to be critical. The reason for the title of the build is that the first creation will be for my wife ( who is a dancer so at some point there will be a ballerina motif on the deck, helps to get the ok to fund projects… lol) I’ll use this board to learn the arts of the assembly and hopefully then move onto a second build for my own board.

So the setup so far is thus:

• Deck is a BSA Blank Lunar Top mount ( 9" x 36") natural wood - But I will cover the top with Black grip tape.
  • motor is a 6355 Rspec Enertion 190Kv Motor
  • Running gear from Enertion - although Im still waiting on a motor pulley and a rear truck as the order was sent as a partial shipment, with little to no support from the team at Enertion after a week of chasing… I’m sure they’re just getting slammed and I’ll hear something soon.
  • VESC from Enertion
  • Battery is a 10S3P enclosed in the Enertion space cell ABS hard case.

Still deciding on one of two remotes, I have a nano remote from DIY electric skateboards, and a GT2B from hobby king, any advice on these would be appreciated.

I’ll post the photos below.

And I know the motor is set up cockeyed on the trucks but I’ve just placed it on to start the VESC config…

2 Likes

Welcome to the community who has electric boards on their minds. I myself also am in middle of my first board. Maybe some experienced guys here can give you some advices.

Thanks Kyo!

So did a small amount of work today, clipped the extra solder off from my VESC and added in hot glue to avoid any shorting

1 Like

Also drilled out my holes for the Enertion battery pack and glued in the plugs

3 Likes

How is that deck? I wanted one of their blank decks but the shape I wanted wasn’t stiff enough, does that bend a lot when you stand and bounce a little?

Ill have to get back to you on the bend -ishness of the board, waiting on the rear trucks so haven’t assembled it completely yet, I may have to steal trucks and wheels from my Sector 9 to test it…

Also spent some time last night on config for VESC and remote

lots of guys building eSk8 boards for the wifes, well done guys… justifies the spending I guess…

2 Likes

Haha True that @tweakdout This one will help iron out the wrinkles. Although I have already started ordering the parts for my next build, found a sweet site that does custom grip tape. Mock up is the below…

Nice, I need to involve my wife, though…mmmmm

So I placed my other trucks and wheels on the BSA from my Sector 9 to test the flex ( thanks @Tweakdout ) and must say I am a little concerned that there is too much flex with the Enertion space cell. Anyone have any workarounds to create more stiffness?

2 Likes

fiberglass or carbon fibre both sides. or add metal rods on the bottom

1 Like

Carbon fibre on the bottom. No reason to put on top, wont help with structure.

EDIT: Just grab some carbon fibre cloth, epoxy resin, hardener, and a brush and your set.

2 Likes

Do you know where to get that stuff relatively cheap in Australia?

Carbon fibre stuff? @Airmacx

Quick google search: http://www.carbonfiber.com.au/category2_1.htm http://www.playwithcarbon.com

1 Like

I would suggest maybe looking at another deck, as well…

1 Like

Cheers mate

May be a good suggestion… I’ll have a look locally