Axle vesc thread

And that’s what they said about the AK-47 too!

1 Like

Well, let’s hope it will prove us wrong and it will perform awesome!

I won’t be able to test yet as I am still working on my board and need to get a mount finished.

Has anyone done a test?

I’m intrigued by these vescs and even after the pictures I’m still interested in buying them. I would love to see how they perform in others boards before purchasing them but it seems to me that these guys will be good to work with if there are any issues which is what is most important to me. If the quality is that of, or slightly better than what enertion vescs seem to be, then the warranty would make this product totally worth it! I’m interested to see how the protective coating may help them out too.

@zmoney

It’s all constructive criticism bro. You can easily work out these issues. Maybe work out the solder job a bit more and perfect it. I’m guessing you are using a reflow oven or hot air station?

All you have to do for the wires and heat shrink complaints is get nice silicon wires and a heat gun.

The Vesc is definitely not easy to produce, but I’m sure you’ll work out the kinks and offer great customer service.

7 Likes

FIRST AND FOREMOST

I would like to thank everyone and their VERY frank criticism. We take all of it to heart and it’s an awesome way to learn and improve on any product.

With that said, we fucked up. Plainly said. Those VESC’s look like complete garbage and the team here really apologizes for that. We’ve address these issues head on.

SHITTY OLD MAN WITH PARKINSONS SOLDERING JOB: You’ve seen the pictures @Jinra posted. Looks like someone soldered these on while on some crack. To solve that, were going to use 12 AWG wire to ease the soldering process onto the the board

(still kinda messy with the flux. It’ll go through some cleaning later with some Isopropanol alcohol.)

LONG PPM PINS: Although trimmed, it seems as though they are not short enough. To fix this, we’ve bought (better) flush cutters. For redundancy, we’re applying some hot glue onto the pins to be safe. (looks crude, but hey, works)

HEAT SHRINK HALF SHRUNKEN/HALF BURNT: We’re just being crazy at this point. Instead of using lighters. (yes lighters). We’ve added of few heat guns to properly shrink them into place.

(Yes we know it’s not shrunken. The VESC in the picture isn’t 100% done yet.)

SHORT PPM PINS: I guess we had some mirco servo connectors because they fit the ones we had laying around. Nonetheless, we had Mouser rush us some new ones which should fit nicely. You might not be able to tell from the picture though.

UNEVEN COATINGS OF CONFORMAL COATING: We might have gotten a little tooooo trigger happy on it. Don’t have any pictures of this, mostly because you can’t really see it.

SO WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO FOR THOSE WHO HAVE RECEIVED SHIT VESC’s

If you have recieved a VESC like @EMC75 or @Jinra then you can do the following:

1: Keep your VESC if you’re in love with the soldering job 2. Send it back and we’ll send you a brand new one. 3.Return it for a refund

If you have NOT received your VESC, then your VESC’s will come with the above changes.

To close this post, I want to again apologize for the shitty VESC’s. Criticism like yours only helps a company improve and grow. No business or person or entity is perfect, especially for new ones, but it’s up to us to fix our mistakes and make sure everyone receives what they expect. Thank you

~Z

23 Likes

That’s some nice costumer service. Unlike other vendors in this forum, they decline advice and criticism, you built on the criticism! Good job, makes me want to back a product with a good costumer service and company.

5 Likes

@zmoney Good way to man up! It’s refreshing in any industry when a vendor/Manufacturer takes responsibility and is honest

Great to learn you are listening @zmoney that is how great customer service is done . Just another tip: I use temperature regulated soldering irons for my small electronics but when it comes to battery leads and 10 gauge wires you really need something in the 80-100 watts range and doesn’t even have to be regulated, it seems to me you are using something smaller, correct me if I’m wrong. Those wires suck a lot of heat up

Yeah they do. Purchased this soldering gun. Might do the trick.

2 Likes

I’ve been following to see how things are going with this. Although I’d still really like some to put one through the paces for at least a week or so I think I’ve decided to purchase some of these vescs for my new board soon! Can’t beat transparent honest customer service! @zmoney how far out are you on these right now? If I order two how long would they take?

The earliest would be mid next week. We still have to get Pre-Orders shipped out as well as others orders.

Offer still stands boys and girls …hahaaahh

I’m going to need your friends from Bayonne. Maybe they can help me out getting the orders out :wink:

Lol if they come over … they won’t be over to help :wink:

1 Like

looking good to see you being close to community! Also are you using the updated BOM from @chaka? If not you should definitely consider to upgrade to get a really reliable VESC. I´m waiting to get hands on my order :slight_smile:

Chaka hasn’t released his “version” of vedder’s BOM, but one can prob. take a good guess to it. For example, one notable difference is the the caps at C37 and C51. Instead of 15 uF at 100V, we opted for 22uF at 100v.

15uF: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TDK/CGA9P3X7S2A156M250KB/?qs=NRhsANhppD%2FAnL4peYkDQQ%3D%3D

22uf: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TDK/CKG57NX7S2A226M500JJ/?qs=6JAMGB%2bEdkyCdl3R5nkKRw%3D%3D

1 Like

Can’t find those components. A quick google search turned up nothing.

EDIT: Same components., just a typo in the SKU’s

1 Like

good to hear you´re not simply putting it together but putting some research in it :slight_smile:

1 Like