Axle vesc thread

I would want to order one VESC but your Shop is down. :frowning: … When will the new VESCs with the New Direct Fet design be available?

Thanks and best regards Ron

@zmoney, just wanted to say thanks for a great vesc so far! I bought mine last year during the pre-order but have not been able to use it because of the crazy winter we have had! I added some heatsinks and it’s been doing well over the last week when I finally was able to give it a go.

I’ll be back if i need another one for sure!

1 Like

how long till you’re back?

Hey @zmoney,

I’ve been away from the forums for months since work has been hectic and the weather has been rainy here in SF. However, I’m not getting ready to build my backup board and the craziest thing happened. I grabbed my completely new Axle Vescs and was checking the wiring (from that awful initial batch) and the wire effortlessly broke! There also seems to be a bunch of powdery residue on it. This has me completely baffled, so instead of messing around with it, I’d like to take you up on your initial offer for you to replace them. Let me know how to kick of the process or if you’d like me to DM you about this instead.

Pic!

@Jinra sorry guys for being off the forums! Busy lately and I promise to get back to all individually when I catch up.

It looks like you got the first batch we’ve ever made! We’ve come a long way. Just send us an email at [email protected] and we’ll whip up a new VESC for you.

2 Likes

Hey @ron! Our shop is closed right now because we’re having too many orders and not enough staff. We plan to open back up on the 20th! Because of these delays we’re focusing on fulfilling orders rather than developing the Direct Fet VESC as of right now. We still need time to iron out some kinks. We don’t want to rush a product. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m pretty damned happy with the ones i just got. With the mods you’ve made they behave a lot like VESC-Xs.

After re-reading this entire thread, it looks as if you had some serious challenges and have over come them. And the customer service is good too.

6 Likes

@longhairedboy thanks man! Did you get the shipping label btw? Just checking up :slight_smile:

Done!

i got the very first order in fact.

I did. I’m just so busy i haven’t dropped it in the mail yet.

Expand/Open shop in EU, pretty please :wink: :wink: @zmoney Whats the shipping cost to EU?(sweden more specificly)

1 Like

can you do a vesc without any of those extra white plugs? never used them and doubt I ever would and just like the mini-usb for the pc. even the canbus connecting white plug sucks for me and always is breaking down and rather have a through hole to solder a wire in.

Your JST connectors are breaking? They are probably fakes or not crimped properly.

im probably more abusive than most with my stuff duct taped to the bottom of the board. How about getting rid of at least the other white plugs it seems are rarely used?

Are you thinking of getting a way of getting some of the vesc goodness spreading across Europe?

Hey @zmoney,

I was the very first order from you (Order #1) and wanted to share my experience so far with Axle. The two VESCs I received nearly 6 months ago were very shoddy. Craftsmanship was poor, wires were of the wrong type, and they literally broke after being picked up 6 months later when I was ready to use them.

You expressed that you were very sorry for the poor quality of the first batch which I initially declined since I could fix the issues myself. However, after the 10AWG wire broke so effortless 6 months later, I felt that I would be better off exchanging it. You were very responsive and got two new VESCs in my hands in a little under 2 weeks, which is appreciated, especially since the original order was quite a while ago.

I noticed the replacement VESCs were very good quality with the noticeable hardware improvements you originally mentioned. I’m very happy with the quality and level of service of Axle so far.

This post isn’t all just praise and thanks though. I found that one of my VESCs was unable to receive PPM signals. After a bunch of testing with different receivers and wires, I found that the VESC had a small straight piece of solder connecting the PPM pin to the transistor (resistor?) below.

Just thought you should be aware in case it happens to anyone else. Thanks a lot @zmoney!

Hey @Jinra! Thanks for pointing it out! We always look over our boards before sending them out, but I’m not perfect! Thanks for using our VESCs!

1 Like

Update: To all the users who have emailed (and somehow found my number…), yes we’ve opened again! We can’t answer everyone’s emails, so If you have’t gotten a response, we’re sorry! Also, stock is limited. We can’t take 100 orders since we’re a two man show at the moment. Once we reach our cap, we will close down until we can take a breather.

@zmoney Hey man, not sure if you are still available. I put in an order yesterday, if you guys wont be able to fill the order let me know, Trying to replace my death-trap car ESC :smiley:

Still filling orders :slight_smile:

2 Likes