Avenue Suspension Trucks review/tutorial

@psychotiller has a 273mm rkp truck with 2 motor mounts set up that might replace the hanger on these new avenue longboard trucks… Hard to say without having measurements. I know i use the regular skateboard avenue trucks with an evolve hanger that mated well with it. I still had to dremel out a flat spots for the motor mount though. Hoping Pyschotillers hanger mates well with these avenue longboard trucks.

https://psychotiller.com/product/ripba-dual-273mm-truck-set

https://imgix.ttcdn.co/i/product/original/0/440380-0468d6b61e74436daa2d25859c5ccdf0.png?w=500&q=100&auto=format%2Ccompress&fm=jpeg

1 Like

They should make a universal one that can attach any truck to… maybe I have a profitable idea lol

Send me a base plate. If it fits I’ll send back an awesome mount setup. If not, I’m send back the base plate.

3 Likes

If it fits torque board 218mm hangers that would blow me away

Most people (who aren’t using drop through boards) use risers right?

Am I missing something here? Why not make a steel (springy) base plate, the width of a standard truck mounting plate, bent round like this in a kind of U shape that you can bolt ANY standard truck to, then bolt that to the board?

The depth of the U shaped spring could replace the risers…

1 Like

What if, by using this same principle, you could create a springy (not too springy) plate that fit to ALL standard skateboards and to ALL standard trucks, thereby enabling you to use ANY trucks and have some kind of ride dampener…? Like this I just knocked up…

6 Likes

Or this:

I think nobody has ever tested that though

Gosh! Can you imagine how awful the rebound on those would be with no dampener on those ‘travel’ bolts…

Intriguing though. There’s room for innovation but I think we’re getting too complicated. A simple plate of annealed steel should do the trick :wink:

By the way… I’ve bought some steel… I’m making this! :smiley:

4 Likes

I’ve just thought how I could deal with my wheel-bite problem with my other board…

3 Likes

Add a spring and you’ll be golden :slight_smile:

It should be enough using spring steel… the same kind of steel you use to make coil springs in vehicles…

Do you think a design like this would need some kind of damper? If it’s sprung than it can possibly twist under load maybe and start to wobble. This is a cool idea though.

I thought that too, maybe it’ll need some kind of damping…

Hopefully, if I anneal it properly it won’t contort with sideways pressure and only compress with upward pressure… We’ll see!

1 Like

I use avenue for my esk8 but, i found it bounce me off at high speed cornering, Im switching rear to caliber. unless suspension has damper on, reduce travel time, it’s not good for high speed cornering, it will bounce you off the board.

Im keeping the front tho,

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M0AVUCF/ref=s9u_cartx_gw_i2?ie=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pd_rd_i=B01M0AVUCF&pd_rd_r=9Z3ZA4CK8ZD08RCT5S20&pd_rd_w=Em940&pd_rd_wg=CAiue&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=7XV0WJZJJH9122R47HQK&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=1dd2ffc3-992f-4bde-81b0-de270e0ead5a&pf_rd_i=desktop

1 Like

I saw this but, avenue is making for longboard truck, and cheaper too. and I’m pretty sure those bolts will bend eventually/

That design is terrible… Look at those bolts dangling! Lol

revieced my Avenue Longboard Trucks today

I tried to switch the hanger but normal hangers like the Enertion-Hanger don’t fit the Avenue Baseplate.

And the Avenue hanger is a about 1cm smaler than the Evolve-Gen2-Hanger I’m currently using and have unfortunate geometry for motor-mounts, so my Dual-15mm-6355-setup will not fit on them which is bad.

Would like to find a wider hanger that fits, currently I can use them as front-truck only :frowning:

3 Likes

You’ll have to modify them, round them off and grind away some of that triangle angle and get some mounts for Paris trucks…