Atom Camper - EMTB - MBS - Dual FOCBOX - 10s12p

Currently rocking ats 12s on my first build I’m finishing up. Very nice feedback about those bushings… Definitely got me interested. Did anyone confirm if the gummies fit mbs hubs? I can confirm that all of mbs hubs are more or less the same Screenshot_20181114-121853_Gmail

Gummies don’t fit MBS hubs

Nooooo! The only good mbs tires are the vines or roadies. The rest wear out way too quick. You know of any others that fit mbs hubs that you like?

The ones from AliExpress are identical to mbs vines but are heavier, stiffer and last longer.

Check there my feedback

2 Likes

The profile is different as shown on the picture… I ordered the same because I already have the ones which look like the mbs. Thought it’s the perfect profile for studs… tja, got the vines copy :joy: But I can recommend them non the less! Those are great wheels.

1 Like

True, you get vines copy, not what the picture shows ehehe

1 Like

@Andy87 you guys ever try their tubes out? Pretty good price if I’m getting a set of 4 tires anyway

I got the tires with tubes. So far so good

2 Likes

Me too. I fill them up till 40psi. So far so good.

From what I’ve been told, the gummies fit the Rockstar hubs only. I don’t have those so I just ordered the full urethane and hub set and I’ve been very impressed so far.

The bushings continue to be great. @Alphamail has been a huge help in getting the board dialed in and stable at speed.

When I’m done figuring out what gearing I want, I’ll go back to working on the trailer attachment

1 Like

Ok so I tried using both a soldering iron and a torch but those pulleys really don’t want to come off, which makes it hard to inspect the motor with issues. The shaft stays attached to the can, however the can and shaft keep moving out with the C clip. From comparing the motors, I can tell that the C clip on the motor with the can moving is moving along the metal and is bent out wider than the motor that works correctly. I can’t seem to put it back in its place without taking off the motor, which brings me back to the first problem of not being able to take the pulleys off.

Angle grinder it is then. But you’ll destroy the pulley. Or get an pulley remover tool

I’m guessing your shifting motor can might be due to the combination of the high torque of the 11t pulley and how far out is mounted on the shaft. It could also be possible that using single bearing width idlers with much wider belts might be adding extra axial loads on the motor shaft. But if it only happens on one side, maybe there is a slight misalignment of the motor mount on one side. But these are just my theories based on your photos and description. I have those @idea mounts to and they seem really solid, so if there is an alignment issue, I think something would have to be bent or possibly the truck mount clamps are mounted unevenly.

And for removing the pulley, you could remove the set screws, heat the pulleys with a torch, and ride it till they let loose and start spinning on their own.

1 Like

This could be the culprit. Trying to squeeze the mounts/clamps between the brake mounting holes on the trucks might be creating a slight misalignment of one of the motor mounting plates. I had to file those back a bit to get proper clamp alignment on a set of MBS trucks I have. Those MBS skate trucks do have a weird shape/profile too.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ve ordered a pulley removal tool that should arrive this week, hoping that’ll be enough to get the pulleys off since the torch didn’t work yesterday when I tried it.

I’m really thinking this is just a case of the C clip popping out of place since that’s what appears to keep moving

1 Like

Quick question for ya, what size is the case people normally use for builds like this? Harbor freight has their new line of water proof cases and I got a coupon burnin a hole in my pocket!

@Itsmedant Apache 1800. The other boxes are HUGE.

2 Likes

@Itsmedant what he said^

1 Like

YESSSS

Pulley remover thing arrived It worked perfectlyimage image

Also working on fixing the motor problem @JLabs it appears the C clip was not compressed all the way around the shaft and therefore got out of its notch when stressed in one direction and moved its way up, allowing the can to move back and forth bc of the gap between the C clip and the motor cap plate. One I took the motor off, all it needed was a pair of needle nose pliers to push it back into the notch and compress it back around the shaft. Works like a charm!

(Before work, when C clip was stretched and too far up the shaft) image

2 Likes

Got the 15T pulleys on there now, gives me enough speed to be happy. This board is such a dream, really what I’ve been looking for in a performance Esk8.

I can even charge my remote off it! image image image

Now back to that trailer…

6 Likes