Atom Camper - EMTB - MBS - Dual FOCBOX - 10s12p

Got the trailer hooked up with the new attachment - just have to figure out how I’m actually hooking the board attachment to the back brackets… image image image image image image

Also got some lights!!

8 Likes

Was waiting to see the trailer, do you plan to put more battery’s on it? I have an idea to make one someday with a double layer 18650 floor, should be able to connect an additional 10S12P to the board and go really far

1 Like

I’ll add batteries when I have the money to waste. For right now one 10s12p should be enough for a decent camping trip.

4 Likes

PSA: MBS 8” stock tires are shit. Didn’t even last me 100 miles

Also pictures aren’t working so I’ll post them later

5 Likes

Which tires are you referencing?

the stock 8" mbs atom tires

1 Like

Did one go flat at the group ride?

1 Like

Yup. Back right tire went bald and the tube popped as soon as it hit road. If that hadn’t happened I would be out there riding and rocking my GoPro mount lights right now.

I’m thinking about just splurging on some Trampa gummies… my luck with pneumatics has been less than adequate. I just don’t know if the gummies would work with my cheap MBS hubs

1 Like

Have you used multi seal in the tires? I have never had flats with that magical stuff.

I don’t know how much that would’ve helped… the rubber itself was totally worn through. It was just cheap I think

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. SF has rough roads.

Seeing your board in real life, very cool. I took pics but cannot share them cuz can’t upload.

@rich is a pnuematic vet and may have suggestions from real life riding experience. I think rich as popped many tires… my estimate is over 20.

2 Likes

:joy: Not that much, just a couple of popped or sliced tires but many flats. I HATE FLATS! I had a puncture every second or third ride and once twice a day just riding on concrete. I fixed my 8 tubes with bicycle repair kit, some of them had several punctures.

The solution is tire sealant for bicycle tubes, the famous green slime as @Trdolan03 mentioned. Within the last months (at least 500 miles) I had no puncture but last week was the first and it happened far away from home. However with tire sealant it’s 98-99% flat proof. If you counter balance your wheels do it before adding tire sealant.

About tires, @anorak234 your tires look short lasting and the pattern is more for offroad and not much rubber, but you found out yourself :wink: If you ride on concrete as well you could try something like MBS Vine or the thick ones from aliexpress.

My first set of Trampa Treads in hard compound lasted about 400 miles (swapping front and rear tires after 200m), my second set not more than 150-180 miles because of sliding.

Since 250 miles I use MBS Vine (without swapping front/rear) and I do slide on concrete or gravel and they hold up well, maybe in 150m I have to change the rear ones. They have a bit less traction on e.g. gravel but run much smoother on concrete.

If you want everlasting tires then this could be an option

2 pieces are free shipping, just order twice like I did and you get 1 parcel with 4 but I didn’t test them yet. They are very thick, I made a video for comparison.

7 Likes

I ordered these

The picture is incorrect, they are like mbs vine and only 12$ for tire plus tube. I use them on Lacroix

3 Likes

The picture finally posted!! This is the damage - totally bald tire in less than 100 miles.

Also I was wondering if Gummies would fit these hubs…? image image image image image image image image image image

@ethel you might be able to help me here

2 Likes

Damn bro, what the heck. That’s a huge hole. @anorak234

I can let you borrow my gummies, you can do science. I know gummies work on evolve hubs but that doesn’t help since they are 8mm axel.

@rich I’m going to get some green go and some pnuematics myself. Very good information!

3 Likes

From memory I think the inner diameter is less than 88mm, will measure when I get home

@anorak234

3 Likes

Thanks for the diagram! doesn’t look like these hubs will work then… I guess I’ll be buying different ones

1 Like

Picture from last weekend - still pissed I had to leave early. Cred to @FranciscoV

93C8C1FB-B535-4A76-BDF5-4FB4CAFE0CB3

I’m in the back :slight_smile: 41%20PM

Also I really am looking for deals on Trampa Gummies so let me know if anyone is selling…

5 Likes

Yeah. Wth happened to you bro? I was wondering where you were at!!
As for gummies go! I’d say just get them from trampa! They ship their stuff pretty fast. Those are hard to come by used

Hopefully you’ll be back out riding with us soon bro :+1:t3:

1 Like