Atom Camper - EMTB - MBS - Dual FOCBOX - 10s12p

Belts have been ordered! Should be on the road by Tuesday

2 Likes

When do we get pictures? :wink:

As soon as I remember to take them XD

they look familiar!

Could you link to your box?

Ive been watching this closely, im very intrigued about those ebay batteries and their real life performance. Im assuming they each have a built in BMS? Also unique cool build man. Please inform us if and when you can about real world range with those batteries.

2 Likes

I’ve had the eBay batteries in a board before, they work pretty well. They each have a BMS. Thanks for the props! I’ll have the real world stats soon.

how did you wire in 6 bms to one charge port?

It seems like charge and discharge is all done through the xt connector so just wire them all to the charge port.

Exactly - it’s easy

ah that makes more sense now, are the cells pretty decent or no?

Edit: and why would you trust those bms, weren’t they the ones that exploded?

The cells are OK capacity, low discharge. Only works in large parallel groups.

I’ve never had a BMS explode on me - what are you referring to?

you said that these packs are sourced from the hoverboards that got bad publicity…remember a couple years ago when the hoverboards were exploding because their bms had no overcharge protection?

That depended on the hover board pack - those packs were largely knock-off cells and the design of the hover board put the motors right next to the battery, causing thermal runaway more often than BMS failure. The packs that I’ve purchased claim to be LG and Samsung packs with BMSs that work well, and in my experience they’ve performed as such.

Just in case something happens, I’ve kept a fire extinguisher in my bedroom since the first time I charged these things but nothing’s ever happened.

2 Likes

Ok so while the belts are still on there way and while I’m too lazy right now to go to the garage to take pictures…

I’ve been thinking of finding a way to attach small wheels to the back of my @Idea mounting cage because I have I have a kayak handle at the front and rather than carrying it I would really love to be able to just grab the handle and have it be pulled with those wheels. Anyone care to share some simple suggestions?

1 Like

Hard to tell without pictures :wink:

Would you be willing to work with these for now? :laughing:

I think that if you attatch some kind of plate of alluminum, so that you have a larger surface to screw to, and then attatch some kind of casters

https://www.amazon.com/Uxcell-a16122800ux1313-Diameter-Non-Swivel-Casters/dp/B06VWBN661/ref=sr_1_9?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1537748562&sr=1-9&keywords=1+inch+casters

that^ plus a cnc’d plate will do me well. Thanks!

1 Like