Asterisk | Trampa HS11 - 12S4P 30Q - Dual Flipsky 6374 150KV - Focbox - All Terrain Creations Mounts - DIY Enclosure

Concave looks very nice

1 Like

For those who are interested I’ve uploaded the stls for the concave pads to Thingiverse. They’re effectively HS11 versions of @Koringer Carver version.

5 Likes

9 Likes

More time spent at the weekend, this time adding 10k NTC thermistors to my Flipsky motors so the VESC motor temperature sensing now works. I’ve also got the DAVEga up and running and in the case, just waiting on some multi core cabling to run a channel for it underneath and I need to print out the gaskets to improve water resistance too. image

11 Likes

Looks rad :slight_smile:

1 Like

Further progress on the enclosure this weekend. Heatsink hole cut out and rails for lighting have been routed out. Will be embedding clear acrylic rods in the enclosure for LEDs to shine from the inside of the enclosure. I’ll give them a light sanding to diffuse the light.

5 Likes

More progress, cut, shaped and epoxied in the light rails. Taped some bike lights inside to show the effect. I’ll be using WS2812B LED strips so it’ll look really good once done. IMG_20181218_000724 IMG_20181218_000729

4 Likes

Progress over the past two nights, sprayed with truck bed liner spray paint which has given it an amazing finish. I’ve also added the LED strips and wired up the switch which goes between modes and colours.

5 Likes

Had a couple people ask how I did the lighting so here’s how I did it. I bought some 8mm acrylic rods, and a 8mm radius cove router bit. I routed out a groove in the enclosure using a 3D printed jig for my router. image I then cut and shaped the acrylic rods and sanded them to help difuse the light. These were then epoxied into the grooves/slits in the enclosure (see two posts up). I then used masked off the acrylic rods and used truck bed liner spray to give the enclosure a nice consistent durable finish. image I then used a dremel on the inside of the enclosure to grind some holes so the LEDs sat nicely against the acrylic rods for the light to penetrate well. These WS2812B LEDs were wired up and hot glued in. image I’m using a LED controller called “Chroma” which I had from my Drone racing days, I don’t think they make them anymore though :frowning:

8 Likes

love the look of this but the thought of water getting in scares the shit outa me

1 Like

Yeah I know what you mean, all the holes should be sealed but I’m still going to apply so good quality duck tape before adding the foam padding.

I approve of this

2 Likes

u could use clear PET-G to create inserts… would look cleaner

1 Like

Yeah thought about it, but I can’t print PETG with my current printer.

U can print PETG with any printer., u just can’t use Glas as Print Surface…

My printer only has a j-head, and any time I try anything above 220 degrees I get clogged nozzles.

1 Like

I am going to do the same thing :slight_smile: I am only looking for a other solution, I want my enclosure splash waterproof…

I was thinking of 3d printing sort of inserts for inside my enclosure (kaly enclosure)… image

2 Likes

I’ve applied some sealant so hopefully the bottom is water tight. IMG_20181228_014802

6 Likes

Great job! Very cool DIY work here !!

2 Likes

Bro this is a beast! Can’t believe I haven’t come across this before.

Great to bump into you on the tube today!

1 Like