Asking for a detail personal opinion on quality of the parts

How about a single 6374 motor, a Vesc and a lipo pack. That should stay under 450 and give you plenty of performance

1 Like

So basically my biggest setback is the battery?

That and the ESC has no customization, what it does is all it will do

Depends on what you want. As stated before, if you want to take the kit as it is,then I guess it would work for a beginner that does not want to make hands dirty :). If you think to upgrade in the future it this is not the way to go since every part has its weaknes. And in that case you have to change everything. Depends a lot on your weight, hills that you want to climb and the speed you want to climb at?

I ordered their esc/remote/esc case from them last week. Got an email it was shipped today.

They test check their product before they ship which I thought was nice.

If your not going crazy for top speed I say go for it. It’s looks like a good kit if your not going for huge speed. Two motors with 50A constant battery will get your hills behind you. I’m still yet to even complete an esk8 build but just with all the reading and numbers checking it looks like a good commuter kit. And like a boosted board for sure. Little less voltage, and more cells in parallel. Not sure boosted’s batteries current rating though. It’s good see the belts are HTD5. I know they also sell HTD3 kits too so good to get the 5 depth.

Grab a deck you like off eBay. There’s complete boards under $50shipped. Or go to skateshred.com and pick a blank for $20-$50 plus shipping. Or one of their decks.

My final thought. Despite the cells being lower end. It’ll have 5 sets of 10s in parallel. You got 15mile range looks like give or take. You have a solid fun commuter for under $550 with deck. They sell the same batt pack separate for $98 you could grab later and keep in a backpack to have a longer day of riding. Has an easy on off switch and charge display. Nice feature to have. Little things add up when you wish you had it and don’t. If you want more top end speed just get 90’s or 97’s wheels unless it’s really steep hills where your at.

Again. Haven’t even gotten my board finished yet but I read a lot when at work with nothing to do hehe.

If you’re not a performance junkie like a lot of these guys here. Try it.

1 Like

This kit would make a great backup/travel board, like the Riptide R1, but being a primary rider is unlikely

The meepo also contains the exact same ESC. Basically, it has the components listed by the OP.

No way, Meepo is missing wheels. (hub motors) The components listed by OP have all 4 wheels