Anyone got a laptop for trade?

Damn its been a hot sec since ive made a post on here. I’ve got a Lenovo G505 right now that ive upgraded to an ssd. Its comnplete with 2 supreme stickers. Anyways ive been saving for a while but then someone finessed my card and spent $456 on textbooks. Bank declined chargeback and amazon denied refund (BBB says its unlikely ill get it back cuz its in one of amazons policies). Anyways ill trade this laptop, a brand new flagship v2 from the splendid @psychotiller, a beat up BKB 6374 with no sensor, and last but not least, a vesc without working ppm (so only for use with uart controllers or in can with another vesc. Im looking for something thin and light seeing as its for school. Also mac would be better but those things are like 2mil lol

1 Like

Boy be trippin’

16 Likes

its for school and ive already got a monster of a pc for windows needs

1 Like

Sorry to hear this happened to you… There has to be a way to get your money back, if I was told no by my bank I would lose my shit

If I were you, after the problem is rectified I would switch banks immediately… Clearly they don’t value you as a customer :frowning:

2 Likes

nah the bank isnt the problem lol. ive been on the phone with them while theyre contacting amazon and theyve even tried to force chargebacks which are all denied by amazon

That’s so strange… Amazon has been the biggest pushover for returns

Is there an option to report fraud?

1 Like

ive got like 6 claims open and denied by them, they cant refund kindle ebook gifts after they get claimed

Oh wow so the people who took the card actually had some brains in their head :man_facepalming:

I don’t know anything about the law and that jazz but I’d hope for your sake and for the rest of us that there’s another level that you can escalate this to

Sounds like you need the level above amazon :thinking:

2 Likes

Eh it’s not really worth suing or involving a lawyer

That just costs more

Oh and BBB is a level above amazon and there’s nothing they can really do either

If the card was used fraudulently they don’t have a choice. Tell them to sort it out, don’t be polite.

Also, quickly, farming the community here for a new laptop and offering up ~$200 of half broken stuff to trade. Is that cool?

6 Likes

Nah I didn’t mean suing anyone I just meant something along the lines of fraud / customer protection

I agree with brent

1 Like

Laptop ~ $150 Enclosure ~ $50 Motor ~ $75 Vesc (from Chaka w/o heatsink) ~ $75 And I’ll throw in some money too I’m not looking for a high end pc…

1 Like

My girlfriend has an extra laptop we don’t really use… ill talk to her when she wakes up. Alienware gaming laptop (but its like 4 or 5 years old)

6 Likes

I don’t mind how old it is at all haha. Thanks man you da bomb :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Fixed it for you @b264

10 Likes

Brian only likes gluten free OS :grin:

8 Likes

Lol I had to Google that just to make sure it wasn’t a thing. :joy:

3 Likes

Just One Queston, was the bank "Bank of america?

Nah it’s a local credit union

A used cromebook off craigslist would do the trick.