Anyone else eyeballing the new Ruroc helmets?

Scorched copper looks dope.

https://www.ruroc.com/home/221-sport-trail.html#/102-atlas_sizes-sm_smallmedium_52_58cm/131-atlas_color-scorched

1 Like

Wow, that does look dope. But $490?? :scream:

I was gonna say that it better be carbon fiber, but they claim that it’s made with a material that’s both lighter and stronger than CF? What kind of miracle material could that even be?

@Mobutusan

Yeah, no way I can justify spending that much money on a helmet. Sure is sexy though. For that much cash I want to see some kind of augmented reality goggles :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Read the same thing about it being lighter than carbon fiber. Was wondering as well.

1 Like

yea for that price i’d just get a legit motorcycle helmet

bullshitium, it’s mined on mars and rocketed to earth by spacex, duh.

3 Likes

That’s the first time I’ve seen a helmet company offer financing :slight_smile:

I wonder how the FOV compares to the TSG Pass.

1 Like

It’s that like nofuckingwayzeum or cracksmokesitol? Those also have amazing imaginary properties. But $500 for a round trip ticket to Mars ain’t too bad.

Seriously though, maybe it’s some space age silk wrapped carbon nanotube hexagonal crystalline sheet or something? Until they reveal what this secret material is, I can’t justify going into debt for a helmet that doesn’t have an Ironman-esque heads-up display ave anti-crash AI technology.

1 Like

at that price it better be capable of saving my life more than once. For half of that i can save my life twice with two TSGs.

2 Likes

I love the look of that helmet but it’s always cumbersome to remove the visor everytime you take your helmet off.

For that price I’ll get the carbon fiber version of tje Tsg Pass, cooler looking with lift visor

does it have a built in Sena system? i would understand the price then. Or if it has some sort of temporal displacement technology that can prevent accidents as they happen before they happen after they’ve yet to happen. Or if the outer shell was a highly classified alloy comprised of adamantium and unobtanium. Or if it came with incredibly attractive robotic sex companions.

5 Likes

:joy: Thanks for the funny comments here guys. The fam’s out of town and I’m bored as shit (too hot to ride here during the day, or much of anything else for that matter). Been going down some dark rabbit holes on youtube :joy:

Definitely some fuckery going down with the price on these things. Not too far off from carbon pass though iirc. The goggles (and the price) are what scared me away from the earlier models when I was first shopping around for a full face. Can’t even hang with goggles snowboarding with the blocked peripherals. Ended up pulling the visor off my pass as well. No blocked peripheral, just didn’t like the feeling of being boxed in.

Can’t get down with that damn stripe they’re putting down the center of the carbon pass. Gold wings would be dope though :grin:

You pulled you pass visor? Why not just lift it up?

Just didn’t see the point in leaving it on there if I was never using it.

I don’t know man! It’s like saying, I removed the windows of my car because I always drive with them rolled down

@Eboosted

Well, if I actually never rolled them up, there wouldn’t be much point in having them no? Pretty easy to take the visor on and off.

Plus I like the way they look better off than up.

That’s crazy, might as well just buy a helmet without visor. It would be cheaper. Like the demon podium. The only reason why I would want a tsg pass is because my face gets cold when I ride in the winter. And definitely not $500 helmet for me.

@DilatedPupils

I had never used a full face helmet before, so didn’t really know what to expect. In hindsight I suppose I would’ve went with something less expensive if I had known I wouldn’t be using the visor. Perhaps I may put it back on in the winter.

Pass carbon usually sells for $450, so not really that big of a jump to Ruroc.

Yeah. I haven’t bought myself a tsg pass coz of the price. Which is weird since I’ve spent thousands of dollars on esk8 parts.

@DilatedPupils

Yeah, seems crazy to spend so much on a helmet considering one good hit and it’s toast.

I wouldn’t recommend helmets like that for skating. They have poor visibility, especially in a tuck. Designed for someone sitting upright on a bike

2 Likes

@jmasta

The main thing I’ve seen them used for is snowboarding, but yeah I agree on the visibility with the blocked peripherals. Think it would be a bummer for skateboarding. Seen quite a few people here on the forum using them tho.